Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

AP Poll

TROY has votes in the AP poll, for the third time in three years!
Back to the top

Re: AP Poll

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://simplythebest.net/sounds/WAV/sound_effects_WAV/sound_effect_WAV_files/crickets_1.wav
Back to the top

Trojan1 said

TROY has votes in the AP poll, for the third time in three years!

OK.  Nice accomplishment.

Kind of weird that they would get votes right now though considering they have yet to beat anyone with a winning record.  I find it hard to make an arguement that Troy is one of the top 25 teams in the nation, but who knows why voters do what they do.
Back to the top

They get the votes because Troy has been known to beat teams like #17 Missouri, and Oklahoma State on national TV. Troy is consistantly the top team in the SB. Thats why we get the votes!
Back to the top

Trojan1 said

They get the votes because Troy has been known to beat teams like #17 Missouri, and Oklahoma State on national TV. Troy is consistantly the top team in the SB. Thats why we get the votes!

That's all well and good, but isn't a poll supposed to be about determining the best teams THIS year? If not, then UM would be ranked pretty high because they are known to win 5 National Championships….but they aren't very good now, so what does that matter??
Back to the top

AP Poll

Fact is, there are 5 votes. Meaning there are 5 people that think Troy is top 25 material. And in the comming weeks there will be more than 5 votes. I only hope that Troy could upset LSU and then Troy would be set for a top 25 ranking!
Back to the top

No, Champ, it's one Pittsburgh writer who put you in at #21.  One rogue guy, not five.
Back to the top

Lets see where we stand next week bud!
Back to the top

Same guy will move you to #19.
Back to the top

Trojan1 said

Fact is, there are 5 votes. Meaning there are 5 people that think Troy is top 25 material. And in the comming weeks there will be more than 5 votes. I only hope that Troy could upset LSU and then Troy would be set for a top 25 ranking!

If Troy takes LSU, I'll agree they should get some votes. As it stands now, Troy hasn't accomplished much outside of the Sun Belt and none of those schools are ranked.
Back to the top
Control functions: