Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

More on Ray Taylor...

Add topic

It is becoming more and more appearant that FAU has the potential to land its best PG EVER in Ray Taylor…there is mixed reviews on the value of scouting services, etc…however, across the board, this guy rates TOPS…i came across this ESPN guide:

90-100: Immediate Impact ProspectPlayer demonstrates rare abilities and has the potential to start as a freshman for a national, top-25 program.

80-89: High Major Prospect
Player has the potential to start or significantly contribute as a freshman for most top national Division I programs.

70-79: Major/Mid-Major Prospect
Player either can earn a scholarship to a top national Division I program or contribute significantly as a freshman at the mid-major level.

60-69: Low Division I/Mid-Major Prospect
Player has the ability to earn a scholarship to a mid-major or low Division I program.

50-59: Prospect
Player has some redeeming qualities but is not projected to contribute at the Division I level.

Here is Ray's grade:

Taylor's ESPN Gradeout

Bottom line:

We scored HUGE.

Back to the top

Re: More on Ray Taylor...

Florida_Owl said

It is becoming more and more appearant that FAU has the potential to land its best PG EVER in Ray Taylor…there is mixed reviews on the value of scouting servicies, etc…however, across the board, this guy rates TOPS…i came across this ESPN guide:

90-100: Immediate Impact ProspectPlayer demonstrates rare abilities and has the potential to start as a freshman for a national, top-25 program.

Player has the potential to start or significantly contribute as a freshman for most top national Division I programs.

Player either can earn a scholarship to a top national Division I program or contribute significantly as a freshman at the mid-major level.

Player has the ability to earn a scholarship to a mid-major or low Division I program.

Player has some redeeming qualities but is not projected to contribute at the Division I level.

Here is Ray's grade:

Taylor's ESPN Gradeout

Bottom line:

We scored HUGE.

Looks good, would be nice to sign a few guys with his talent level for football.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

It is becoming more and more appearant that FAU has the potential to land its best PG EVER in Ray Taylor…there is mixed reviews on the value of scouting servicies, etc…however, across the board, this guy rates TOPS…i came across this ESPN guide:

Here is Ray's grade:

Taylor's ESPN Gradeout

Bottom line:

We scored HUGE.

Interesting quote by Taylor about our 2009 schedule from The Miami Herald
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-schools/story/744572.html

Taylor said a desire to stay close to home and play before his mother and other relatives also weighed in his decision to choose FAU over UAB, Wright State, Buffalo, Jacksonville University and Western Kentucky, among others. ''My mom can come to almost all my games,'' said Taylor. ``That was big. Next year FAU plays Florida, Duke, Kentucky and UM. I want to help build that program and let people say that FAU wasn't anything until coach Jarvis and Ray Talor got there.

Florida? Duke? Holy hell.

Back to the top

owlcountry said

Duke?

You knew that was coming…Coach K and MJ are very tight…….

The thing i find interestign about his comment is that he uses "FAU" rather than "we"…

November 12 cant get here soon enough………….

Sign the paper! ;D
Back to the top

how many guards are we gonna get. Seems like thats all we're landing.
Back to the top

Heck yeah!

Whens the early signing period?
Back to the top

apetbrown said

Heck yeah!

Whens the early signing period?

Begins Nov 12th…look for them all to be on board then, and potentially one more that everyone's "concerns" will be addressed by…….

FAU = Big Dance bound in 2010 - book it.
Back to the top

It's nice to get excited about an incoming player, but I remember a short time ago what a great get a player named Nwoji would be and how we were a lock for the NCAA tournament.  While Nwoji has been a very good player for us and we expect more this year, you never know what the transition will be to college basketball.  Look at Jamal Owens, and Sammy Hernandez for that matter.  Still…I can't wait to see how the new guys can contribute and how much guys like Perkins and Hughley have improved their games.
Back to the top

RhodeIslandOwl said

It's nice to get excited about an incoming player, but I remember a short time ago what a great get a player named Nwoji would be and how we were a lock for the NCAA tournament.  While Nwoji has been a very good player for us and we expect more this year, you never know what the transition will be to college basketball.  Look at Jamal Owens…

With all due respect, Taylor and Nwoji are not even in the same ballpark…at the time Nwoji was deemed a good JC recruit for us, and he proved last year to be a special player at times…he had a great A/TO ratio, and added the bonus of hitting alot of Three's…so, he has lived up to his "hype"…but i dont recall anyone saying he was our ticket to the dance?

Ray Taylor, as clearly indicated by ALL scouting write ups, and all schools of interest that ponied up offers for him, is something FAU has never seen as a team…a lightening quick, tru point guard with very skilled handles, who has a long range shot to boot…

Totally agree with you on the "transition" from HS academics to that of college…this has to be factored in…but i also believe that MJ is well aware of this, and is not recruiting projects…"the other guy" did in Jamal Owens…he was an academic gamble…just as DeAndre Rice was…

Back to the top

More on Ray Taylor...

gotta like the the way this program is heading. good job mj. maybe jarvis could talk to the football team about discpline.
Back to the top
Control functions: