Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

3rd string QB

I have read several messages saying that Troy will probally fall in the polls now that we are having to use our 3rd string QB. But what yall may or may not realize is our third string QB has set school records in the past two games against FIU and North Texas. Yes North Texas is not a good team and FIU could have been lucky. Now he may be third string but it was a toss up for us, he was just as good as our 2nd string.  I guess the real test will be in the comming weeks.
Back to the top

Re: 3rd string QB

Thanks for the ground breaking news.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

North Texas has the worst defense in footbal, college, high school, peewee, etc… i saw a 8 year old throw for 300 yards in pickup game last week against the mean green.

FIU? come one dude? they've had two wins in the last 70 years.

If ULM doesn't make mistakes like they did against us i think they could win. especially since your number one receiver is out.

I would be very surprised if you cover -10 vs. ULM. On the road at night, it hasn't been warm. your boy could be in for long night.

Back to the top

You could be right, but you have to admit FIU is not the same team as last yr…They played much better ball than FAU did. But you could be right, its been tough for us with all the injury's this yr.
Back to the top

3rd string QB

Although I often find your posts interesting, why do you post in the wrong thread?  This is for FAU football.  This belongs in the Sunbelt section.
Back to the top

Why is this in FAU Football??? It should be moved to the SBC thread.

If your 3rd string QB has as much trouble figuring out a defense as you have figuring out the correct location for posts on this board the remainder of the season is going to be bad for Troy.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Trojan1 said

I have read several messages saying that Troy will probally fall in the polls now that we are having to use our 3rd string QB.

He is the third string QB…media reports confirm this.

Please ensure that you post Troy based football threads in the forum below, and not within the FAU main thread:

Owl's Nest

Thanks much.
Back to the top

Although not Troy's best running QB, Levi Brown threw the long ball just fine against NT (I know, not much competition). He passed for around 400 yards (40-of-50) and had 39 completions in the first half. He is talented enough to have received offers from Spurrier and Kentucky.

Troy's top three QBs were very close in the spring and fall. Jernigan (if healthy) can also take snaps and true freshman Dan Parker from Fort Lauderdale looks a lot like Omar but passes much better.

Troy will not be blown out at LSU. The Trojans remember taking the lead against the Tigers with less than 2 minutes to play last time, and LSU was the defending national champ then.
Back to the top
Control functions: