Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

preliminary renderings of North Texas' stadium

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=1575803&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=1800&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

if their stadium ends up resembling ANYTHING close to that…. wow

WKU - major renovations
FIU - new stadium
UNT - new stadium (coming)

the cellar-dwellers of the conference are building beautiful stadiums… and our inept athletics department is blaming the economy for their miserable work

this is getting beyond frustrating

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

Re: preliminary renderings of North Texas' stadium

owl09 said

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=1575803&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=1800&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

if their stadium ends up resembling ANYTHING close to that…. wow

WKU - major renovations
FIU - new stadium
UNT - new stadium (coming)

the cellar-dwellers of the conference are building beautiful stadiums… and our inept athletics department is blaming the economy for their miserable work

this is getting beyond frustrating

It's more sad than anything. We have a good football team which can be great with an on campus stadium but the hierarchies of FAU don't seem to care

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Todd Dodge quote in the video. Recruits need to see a stadium that is "as nice or nicer than what they played in during high school."

Lockhart???

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Todd Dodge quote in the video. Recruits need to see a stadium that is "as nice or nicer than what they played in during high school."

Lockhart???

GO OWLS!!!

Some of those Texas high school stadiums are pretty nice.
Back to the top

preliminary renderings of North Texas' stadium

whats wrong with the one they have right now again?
Back to the top

I gotta say, that stadium looks like its in the ballpark of $100M…nice.

How come FAU didnt ask the the student body again? NT has a horrible team (right now) and the students still voted for it, putting the cost on themselves.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

The said

owlfan1 said

Lockhart???

GO OWLS!!!

Some of those Texas high school stadiums are pretty nice.

I know it. My point is that FAU is playing in a stadium that worse than some high school stadiums.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

I gotta say, that stadium looks like its in the ballpark of $100M…nice.

How come FAU didnt ask the the student body again? NT has a horrible team (right now) and the students still voted for it, putting the cost on themselves.

I believe FAU is capped on tuition hikes for athletics. It's a state rule. I could be wrong about the specifics, but FAU can't raise tuition for athletics - I know that.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Why is FAU not asking for donations to the alumni. is there an specific fund for the stadium? only the stadium?
How different are the other schools from us?
It's been 8 years and still at Lockhart.

Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

Why is FAU not asking for donations to the alumni. is there an specific fund for the stadium? only the stadium?
How different are the other schools from us?
It's been 8 years and still at Lockhart.

Alex,
As discussed on the board in earlier posts (I think over a year ago now and I know you haven't been on the board that long… so…), the athletics department does have a plan to fundraise from Alumni. However, they didn't want to solicit donations when alumni were soliciting donations for the Marleen and Harold Forkas Alumni Center.

Once an announcement has been made about construction, I believe that is when targeted material will come out.

In addition, don't forget that the Owl Club also solicits alumni for membership, the FAU NAA of course asks alumni to be members of their group (which everyone should be!), and FAU alumni are asked to participate in events via e-mail and letters/alumni magazines.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: