Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week: FAU vs North Texas

As bad as North Texas have been, they are now a team with some confidence.

The Mean Green have been showing improvements every week on offense and are starting to put up some points on their opponents with their spread offense.  They have some pretty good receivers and a passer that isn't afraid to throw in tight coverage.

The Owls know what it means to finally win and how it bring some much needed confidences.  The owls will now be facing a re-energized team, with an offense that can score in a hurry.

The Owls have shown signs that they are turning the corner, but still are committing way to many mental mistakes that have kept them from soaring.  Even with all the dropped passes, DUMB penalties, the biggest area of concern is the Owls play in the RED ZONE.  Our  Red Zone play has been horrific and will have to improve if there is any chance to having the type of offensive output we all expected from this team.

Too many missed opportunities have been squandered inside the twenty and this is a thread that must be reversed for the Owls to have any chance to getting to a .500 record for the season.

The push starts now.
Back to the top

Re: Game Week: FAU vs North Texas

Bytor said

The Mean Green have been showing improvements every week on offense and are starting to put up some points on their opponents with their spread offense.  They have some pretty good receivers and a passer that isn't afraid to throw in tight coverage.

that's the thing that concerns me…

Our defense versus thier dink and dime passing game…

IMO, it will come down to who can score more points…like last week's game they had versus WKU…

Hope i am wrong and we blow them out…we dont need any more close games with the ones remaining afterwards…

Need to put this away and get busy focusing on the Cajuns…
Back to the top

we are 21 point favorites. i can't believe were favored to win by that much. we should put up points but they should as well. they beat wku by 12 and we won by 4. don't know how they figured such a large spread.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

we are 21 point favorites. i can't believe were favored to win by that much. we should put up points but they should as well. they beat wku by 12 and we won by 4. don't know how they figured such a large spread.

are you serious??

i thought maybe 10 points - max…agree, that's crazy!

i would never bet against FAU, but someone is going to cash in on that line…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Bytor said

that's the thing that concerns me…

Our defense versus thier dink and dime passing game…

IMO, it will come down to who can score more points…like last week's game they had versus WKU…

Hope i am wrong and we blow them out…we dont need any more close games with the ones remaining afterwards…

Need to put this away and get busy focusing on the Cajuns…

Don't all games come down to who can score more points??  ;D

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Game Week: FAU vs North Texas

owlfan1 said

Don't all games come down to who can score more points??  ;D

GO OWLS!!!

;D

yeah yeah…
Back to the top

This is a trap game!!
I hope to see my owls whooping some butt on saturday, but I don't expect too many points on the board.
No dumb penalties !!!!! this time.
see you all there!!
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

This is a trap game!!
I hope to see my owls whooping some butt on saturday, but I don't expect too many points on the board.
No dumb penalties !!!!! this time.
see you all there!!

With a truckload of T-Shirts for sale?? 
Back to the top

We win the turnover battle I guarnantee victory.  In fact I dont mind if we get an 3 excessive celebration penalties for celebrating us winning the turnover battle.  Would be nice to see us not have a turnover on special teams.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I think this is going to be a tough game. UNT seems to have found some rythm. I agree with Walty that the turnover battle is extremely important. I also think that we can punish UNT with the improved running attack that we are showing this year. I will hold off on any type of prediction for the time being.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: