Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Miami Herald Article on Jarvis

Add topic

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/fau/story/752591.html

I'll copy and paste if you can't access it due to firewalls

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Miami Herald Article on Jarvis

Miami Herald Article on Jarvis

They make is sound like he is coaching at the school for the blind.  Is FAU really that bad a place to be coaching?  I have been to St. Johns….not sure the difference in schools and athletic programs is that great.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

"''I'm never going to be able to compete with the top-dollar schools,'' Angelos said. ``So if someone does well here and distinguishes themselves, goes to the NCAA Tournament, they could move on."

Way to have confidence in your school Angelos, so glad that you can NEVER compete with top-dollar schools. That's good, that's what I'd like to hear if I was a coach. I really wish he'd go somewhere else already. Keep applying to these schools no one likes you here anyway

Back to the top

Jab979 said

"I'm never going to be able to compete with the top-dollar schools,'' Angelos said.

Yeah, i saw that too and thought the same thing…i wonder why he would say that, unless he does not believe that we can get to that level at all?
Back to the top

I wish Anglos would just leave…………that quote is him pretty much saying to Jarvis i understand if you want to go to a better school. But we should only expect this from somebody who doesn't want to be here himself. I'm starting the fire Anglos campain right now.
Back to the top

Even if you don't think we can ever achieve that level why do you tell that to the media?

Back to the top

that quote just pisses me off so much after class i might just go to his office and tell get the **** out
:D
Back to the top

I don't think Butler, Valparaiso (Sp?), Davidson, Gonzaga just to name a couple thought they have big money, but they manage to keep their programs consistently at the top of college basketball.  Interesting thing for Angelos to say especially when we are supposedly trying to raise money to improve the athletics program IE Football Stadium.
Back to the top

Way i read that article, was that the "I wont ever be able to compete at the Top Dollar level schools" was in refrence to paying a huge Salary to hire a coach.

Not that the owls cant compete on a national level at some point, just that they cant compete with a Duke, Memphis or some other storied program in regards to throwing a boatlad of cash at a coach.

Just MHO.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Way i read that article, was that the "I wont ever be able to compete at the Top Dollar level schools" was in refrence to paying a huge Salary to hire a coach.

Not that the owls cant compete on a national level at some point, just that they cant compete with a Duke, Memphis or some other storied program in regards to throwing a boatlad of cash at a coach.

Just MHO.

Is Memphis really that storied of a program?  I remember when they had Anfernee Hardaway in the early 90's but dont remember hearing thier name again for 15 years.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: