Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

It's Owl Time.....

Please, can our marketing dept please put some effort into something a little more original. (Although, strangely, I think the tune on the radio commercials is kind of catchy.) Anyways, we need something new for next year. I don't want to criticize anyone's hard work, but this is horrible. We, as fans, should expect better than this.

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: It's Owl Time.....

Silver_Bullet32 said

Please, can our marketing dept please put some effort into something a little more original. (Although, strangely, I think the tune on the radio commercials is kind of catchy.) Anyways, we need something new for next year. I don't want to criticize anyone's hard work, but this is horrible. We, as fans, should expect better than this.

According to arguments on Angelos' blog, we ultimately have kept the embarassing "Owl Time" idea for the same reason we have kept the "Who let the owls out?" cheer: someone believes that we can't keep changing positions every year so we keep what we have… even if it sucks.
Back to the top

First things first….got a better ad campaign?

Its Owl Time is catchy, and you instantly know what its about.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

It's Owl Time.....

SeminOWL2006 said

First things first….got a better ad campaign?

Its Owl Time is catchy, and you instantly know what its about.

Plus it's different

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

its sounds like something out of a cartoon i hate it. It hear it made fun of allllll the time the maketing department needs tom come up with something better
Back to the top

I kind of agree with Semi.

While not the greatest its pretty catchy. We could do far worse, such as the NOTHING that used to be done.

"its owl time, OWL TIME!"

My kids sometimes walk around the house saying it.

BTW, On my way South on the Tpike today I saw a FAU ticket signs for Mens basketball with Mike jarvis on it. Looked pretty good.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

What time is it?

OWL TIME

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

owlfamily said

BTW, On my way South on the Tpike today I saw a FAU ticket signs for Mens basketball with Mike jarvis on it. Looked pretty good.

Where abouts??

Does that mean you will be making some games this year?? :)
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owlfamily said

Where abouts??

Does that mean you will be making some games this year?? :)

Right before the glades exchange. You can see it if you get on the Tpike at glades road due to the loop around.

Not sure yet, about games, Im not that big of a hoops fan. I will probably try to take my oldest lil girl to another Lady owls basketball game for sure. Its early enough so that she doesnt get bored and she liked seeing the girls playing last year.

I enjoyed the mens games I went too last year, I may try to get into a couple of those as well.

If you had lets say only 2 weekend mens basketball games to go to this year, which ones would you suggest would be the "cant miss"?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

If you had lets say only 2 weekend mens basketball games to go to this year, which ones would you suggest would be the "cant miss"?

Cool…i will check it out when passing by that way…

If you only want to limit it to weekend games, then i would say these:

November 14th vs Monmouth (first ever MJ coached FAU NCAA Div 1 game)

January 10th vs WKU

February 21st vs MTSU

But Janury 15th vs FIU is sure to be the most festive…….it's Thursday night though…
Back to the top
Control functions: