Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

St. Clair to Med/Vet School

St. Clair to Med/Vet School

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/sports/epaper/2008/11/05/a1b_fau_1106.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

Great immigrant story..one generation and already have a college graduate, maybe a doctor someday.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: St. Clair to Med/Vet School

SeminOWL2006 said

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/sports/epaper/2008/11/05/a1b_fau_1106.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

Great immigrant story..one generation and already have a college graduate, maybe a doctor someday.

Maybe he can be an othropedic doctor, that way he can repair all the knee damage hes caused by his "VICOUS AND INTENTIONAL HITS" to injure assorted Troy players.  ::)

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

One of our former football players (can't remember the name) is in his first year of classes at Nova's medical school right now, with an interest in either pediatrics or orthopedic medicine. Athletes tend towards othopedic medicine for obvious reasons.

This is a terrific story about St.Clair, although it sounds to me like he's more interested in veterinary medicine than human medicine since his shadowing experience seems to be primarily with animals. Anyway, I hope he has high grades because vet school is even more difficult to get into than med school. There are only about 20 vet schools in the US from what I recall (as opposed to about 150 medical schools) and only one in Florida (at UF).

Back to the top

Owlcountry,

Your right, Vet school is incredibly hard to get into, and very difficult during.  I had an ex that I knew was very intelligent, and a much better student than me, and was thinking about vet school at ohio state.  Well, after reading into it she decided against it.  It was like 4 straight years of tough classes, exams, internships, with no breaks or pay.  Medicine is medicine in theory, only with animals, they can't tell you whats wrong.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

Owlcountry,

Your right, Vet school is incredibly hard to get into, and very difficult during.  I had an ex that I knew was very intelligent, and a much better student than me, and was thinking about vet school at ohio state.  Well, after reading into it she decided against it.  It was like 4 straight years of tough classes, exams, internships, with no breaks or pay.  Medicine is medicine in theory, only with animals, they can't tell you whats wrong.

Unless your Eddie Murphy.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

duder said

Medicine is medicine in theory, only with animals, they can't tell you whats wrong.

You are also dealing with literally dozens if not hundreds of different species as opposed to one. It makes a big difference.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

duder said

Medicine is medicine in theory, only with animals, they can't tell you whats wrong.

You are also dealing with literally dozens if not hundreds of different species as opposed to one. It makes a big difference.

GO OWLS!!!

Wouldnt you practice more advanced procedures on humans?  In otherwords, I dont think my dog is going to have bone marrow transfusion.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

owlfan1 said

duder said

GO OWLS!!!

Wouldnt you practice more advanced procedures on humans?  In otherwords, I dont think my dog is going to have bone marrow transfusion.

My sister is a vet and you would be surprised what people will have done for their pets.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: