Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ummmmmm.......

Just got home and watching the game…….Why is Van Camp in??? :-\
Back to the top

Re: Ummmmmm.......

????????????????????? wondering the same
Back to the top

Ummmmmm.......

Rusty back in. FAU up 25-6 with 15 seconds left in the half.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I think it had to be for disciplinary reasons he was benched for 1 play

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I was thinking it was Schnelly going back to his old "let the backup get a drive in in the 2nd quarter." That used to be a guarantee a few seasons ago, the backup would always get at least one drive.

Didn't work out well though…well, I guess Van Camp threw a laser to an NT linebacker, nice pass, wrong guy.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I was thinking it was Schnelly going back to his old "let the backup get a drive in in the 2nd quarter." That used to be a guarantee a few seasons ago, the backup would always get at least one drive.

Didn't work out well though…well, I guess Van Camp threw a laser to an NT linebacker, nice pass, wrong guy.

Yeah, I was having flashbacks of Garret Jahn, Danny Embick, and Sean Clayton playing in the 2nd quarter of games. 
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

That's exactly it.

TeamBeer said

He led a drive to a TD later on… 3rd quarter? 4th quarter? Can't remember.
Back to the top

Per Ted Hutton:

"Rusty was not benched. there is a really long answer to this, but let's just say that Howard felt comfortable enough to put Van Camp in when the game was not quite decided.

Van Camp failed, tossing an INT, but hopefully he learned something, and he did OK later in the game."

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

He led a drive to a TD later on… 3rd quarter? 4th quarter? Can't remember.

I think that drive was 10 rushing plays and 0 pass plays…

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: