Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Field conditions today...

Deplorable in the middle on the field…

Players were slip sliding like it was wet!  No traction on a couple of plays that we could have broken big gains on…

Hope they fix that!
Back to the top

Re: Field conditions today...

Florida_Owl said

Deplorable in the middle on the field…

Players were slip sliding like it was wet!  No traction on a couple of plays that we could have broken big gains on…

Hope they fix that!

I saw that too, when Polo slipped trying to return a punt. Does anyone else play there except for us?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Field conditions today...

Jab979 said

Does anyone else play there except for us?

Yeah, HS teams use ti as well…thats the problem…but we PAY…so, something has to give here…….i mean put some damn water on it or something…it was like at sand box at mid field…

Polo's play was one…but Pierre had one as well…
Back to the top

It was pretty difficult to march on. There tons of sand piles and it was really uneven. I know its not football, but just to give you an idea. It was really sandy in lots of places, and also they put new sod down in some places, but it wasnt flush with the rest of the ground so it would br really easy to trip on.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

It was pretty difficult to march on. There tons of sand piles and it was really uneven. I know its not football, but just to give you an idea. It was really sandy in lots of places, and also they put new sod down in some places, but it wasnt flush with the rest of the ground so it would br really easy to trip on.

It's not football but you guys practice hard for your halftime show. It can't be easy to march when the field is a disaster

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

There was a high school game Friday night, and they tore the field to shreds.  It was fine on Friday morning when we were there setting up.
Back to the top

The FAU in the middle of the field was off-center. .... way off center. My guess is because of those sand piles and poor field conditions. Instead of the FAU going from the 40 to the 40, it went from the 47ish to the 33ish area.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Is there a reason why they put fau in the center and not the the athletics owl like is on the field on campus?
Is is it because we are renting it and thats all they allow us to put…..i hate that thing in the middle
Back to the top

Ah!!! Isn't it great being a conference champion, bowl winning D1A team that gets to play in a run down high school stadium after the high school teams tear up the field.  ;)

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

horned_owl said

Is there a reason why they put fau in the center and not the the athletics owl like is on the field on campus?
Is is it because we are renting it and thats all they allow us to put…..i hate that thing in the middle

I don't know… but I wonder if it's cost-prohibitive to have color and detail as opposed to a simple FAU

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: