Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pierre... 1000 yard season?

He has 754 yards on the season so far, with three games left (four if the Gods smile down upon us and we end up in a bowl).  That is an average of less than 100 yards a game.  If he had not got injured for that middle tennessee and troy game, Im thinking he would have it no doubt.  At this point I am still feeling pretty good about it.  All he needs to do is break one or two more big runs this season.  Question is, would this be our first 1000 yard rusher in school history?
Back to the top

Re: Pierre... 1000 yard season?

sirwgula said

He has 754 yards on the season so far, with three games left (four if the Gods smile down upon us and we end up in a bowl).   That is an average of less than 100 yards a game.  If he had not got injured for that middle tennessee and troy game, Im thinking he would have it no doubt.  At this point I am still feeling pretty good about it.  All he needs to do is break one or two more big runs this season.  Question is, would this be our first 1000 yard rusher in school history?

That's an average of 82 yards per game (over 3 games). I definitely think it's doable. We've been dedicated to the run as of late which has been successful in also helping to take pressure off of Rusty. I'm pretty sure if he accomplishes this feat he will be the 1st one in school hisotry

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Pierre... 1000 yard season?

I really think that our future in rushing is bright…we got a taste against NT of our future ball carriers and I liked what I saw.

The highest rushing yards in a season was Parker at 896 yds in 2004 so no we have never had a 1000 yd running back.  Even if Pierre does not get the 1000, he will likely become the season record holder.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

I think he is easily good for 1000 on the season. That is a great accomplishment.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I think he's got a good shot. Also, if he does do it, I think it bodes well for us winning out. If he rushes for that much each game, I think we'll have a good chance of winning those games.
Back to the top

::)

Beat me to it - I was going to set-up a countdown to a 1,000 yards.

That would be a great accomplishment & who would have thought - it clearly has become a CP show as far as the running game & what type of numbers could he have had if the starter had stayed in longer?

Edge didn't get that many carries yesterday,  but did most of his damage with his hands.

Back to the top

I've been on this since before the season, FAU needs to feed Pierre the ball and life will be a whole lot easier (or at least the O will have balence).  Now we see what could have been had he not been hurt, but I can't wait for next week to see what he can do.
Back to the top
Control functions: