Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rennovations Update 10-25-08

Add topic

Well, no practice today, which is why i went by…  :-\

BUT:

Did make the most of it and got some pics…….

Men's WEST RR (made the wrong inference last time!)

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Luxury boxes…all angles!:

View form the soon to be "not cheap seats"

Back side

Back to the top

Re: Rennovations Update 10-25-08

Wat was going on there?
Back to the top

The burrow is turning into quite the little gem now isnt it.  Now to fill it.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Wow! That looks really nice, we even have restrooms now where you don't need a tetnis shot just to walk in lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

fins09065 said

Wat was going on there?

Martial arts contest…
Back to the top

Excellent! those bathrooms are looking very nice. I wonder if they will have any graphics on the wall or TVs mounted up on the wall near the toilets, replaying old FAU victories (or the current game, if possible). Wonder if mdawson is still around to answer Qs like that.

Florida_Owl said

I also wonder if we could punch out that back wall and put in a larger row of seats so it looks like the east/west side… but that may be too much work on an Arena we may not use in a couple of years anyway…
Back to the top

Thanks for the update!  It is looking great.  I only wish they would take down the hanging baskets.  Those baskets just seem so "high school gym" to me, while the rest looks like a legit college arena. 
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Thanks for the update!  It is looking great.  I only wish they would take down the hanging baskets.  Those baskets just seem so "high school gym" to me, while the rest looks like a legit college arena.

They won't though because pretty much whenever the teams (basketball, volleyball) aren't in there, it's free intramural time. A good number of students go in there to play.

When they open the new Rec Center, there will be two more courts in there as well. One of those courts can even be used as an indoor soccer field. So we can still have intramural sports when it's raining.
Back to the top

Looks great!

There are more people at the Martial Arts contest than at basketball games…

Back to the top

Rennovations Update 10-25-08

owlcountry said

Excellent! those bathrooms are looking very nice. I wonder if they will have any graphics on the wall or TVs mounted up on the wall near the toilets, replaying old FAU victories (or the current game, if possible). Wonder if mdawson is still around to answer Qs like that.

Florida_Owl said

I also wonder if we could punch out that back wall and put in a larger row of seats so it looks like the east/west side… but that may be too much work on an Arena we may not use in a couple of years anyway…

Thats a great idea, we can use our feed thats going to the jumbotron and send it to the bathrooms as well as boxes.
Back to the top
Control functions: