Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Men's Soccer falls to young FGCU 2-0

Add topic

Good news is they were non-conf, bad news is they have only had soccer for 2 years.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: Men's Soccer falls to young FGCU 2-0

SeminOWL2006 said

Good news is they were non-conf, bad news is they have only had soccer for 2 years.

I think we need to move in a different direction…if you know what i mean…
Back to the top

What direction is that? CUSA rather than MAC?

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

What direction is that? CUSA rather than MAC?

Neither…

New Coach…
Back to the top

did you know that Angelos keeps cutting scholarships and budgets for this and other sports? To support football and basketball others get cut….and this is accelerating…I wouldn't blame the coach. He works for peanuts and keeps getting his resources whittled down
Back to the top

owler said

did you know that Angelos keeps cutting scholarships…I wouldn't blame the coach. He works for peanuts

Not so sure about that…especially since you have to have so many to be called "Division I"…

So, how many scholarships has men's soccer lost since 2000?

Salary:

Happen to know that it is definitely not peanuts by any means…but the assistants do…
Back to the top

you don't have to have scholarships to compete in d-1 soccer…….one of Angelos favorites is to make a coach go all or nearly all in state….in international sports like soccer and tennis this is a ball buster
Back to the top

last time I spoke with Coz he made in the low forties...
Back to the top

owler said

you don't have to have scholarships to compete in d-1 soccer…….one of Angelos favorites is to make a coach go all or nearly all in state….in international sports like soccer and tennis this is a ball buster

ok, so how many scholarhips has mens soccer lost since 2000?
Back to the top

Men's Soccer falls to young FGCU 2-0

Not sure on the how many front, but I know the Mens/Womens Swiming coach from my kids Karate school.

He says they will not be nearly as competative next year due to scholarship cuts, so it is happening in the other non "BIG" sports. But unfortunately thats were FAU is right now.

Once the OCS gets built and and if Basketball can sustain the jump that Jarvis seems to be getting it, scholarships may be able to be brought back because ticket sales and other revenue streams will be supporting the program.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: