Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls Nest: Annoucement

I feel like I need to make a statement at this point.

Many of you have started web-site that sell FAU gear and are trying to use this site to reach out to potential customers.

Please STOP.  I DO NOT allow any form of solicitation on this site (example: the FAU Rival site).

Last thing I want, is this site to become a billboard heaven for all these different web-site.

This is a community for Owl Fans to come and talk FAU sports & have general discussion on any other FAU matters - not a FREE-FOR-ALL advertising site.

I have been trying to a be a nice guy here (especially if it has to do with FAU stuff), but it is starting to get ridiculous and people are starting to take advantage of this community.

I have worked very hard building this community and keeping the site as clean as possible, helping make sure the time members spend on The Owls Nest as enjoyable as possible.

Bytor

Back to the top

Re: Owls Nest: Annoucement

Sell Banner Ads!!!  ;D

You deserve a little scratch for all the hard work you put into this site man.
Back to the top

Reasonable banners are a good idea.  Maybe a different discussion board/thread should be made for them.
Back to the top

a merchandise forum area might not be a bad idea, as long as it isnt abused.  that way companies can promote sales to the fans and members of the owl's nest family.  But it is ultimately up to bytor.

I would be willing to put my name in for a moderator of that area…..

Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

a merchandise forum area might not be a bad idea, as long as it isnt abused.  that way companies can promote sales to the fans and members of the owl's nest family.  But it is ultimately up to bytor.

Other than Rivals and Owlsgear, we haven't really seen much solicitation as far as I remember… unless you count that Lodge restaurant looking for people to work there. BTW I went by that Lodge place… it's right next to Boardriders.

A merchandise forum is not a bad idea. Perosnally I'm okay with the Owlsgear stuff because these are people who have been on the board for awhile and they made these products because we kept saying we wanted it.

Still I respect whatever the Owl's Nest people want to do.
Back to the top

Well I completely respect Bytor and his decision and completely agree with the nuisance that it may cause. Banner ads and stuff like that is great, and we are willing to pay for them. 
Back to the top

OWLUMNI said

Well I completely respect Bytor and his decision and completely agree with the nuisance that it may cause. Banner ads and stuff like that is great, and we are willing to pay for them.

This is one area that I have been working for the site - sponsorships & ads.  So allowing Free banners & stuff kinds of defeats me asking $$ from company to advertise on the site.  So, if you are willing to pay for banner space then we can talk on the different options.

Back to the top

owlcountry said

Nunzio42 said

Other than Rivals and Owlsgear, we haven't really seen much solicitation as far as I remember… unless you count that Lodge restaurant looking for people to work there. BTW I went by that Lodge place… it's right next to Boardriders.

There has been countless others (from golf shops to car dealership, XXX-site & coutless others - that try to solicit with banner ads or thread ads that are deleted right away).
Back to the top

This hobby has turned into a business for me - Anthem Sports.

As I continue to grow the site & expand the coverage for the site, you will start seeing a few new writers joining the Owls Nest Team, Rick Henderson being the newest member - helping expand the basketball coverage, amongst many other things.

The Main site has gone through a few facelifts the past couple of year & will continue to evolve with one more major facelift as I continue to develop the site.

Back to the top

Owls Nest: Annoucement

Bytor said

This hobby has turned into a business for me - Anthem Sports.

As I continue to grow the site & expand the coverage for the site, you will start seeing a few new writers joining the Owls Nest Team, Rick Henderson being the newest member - helping expand the basketball coverage, amongst many other things.

The Main site has gone through a few facelifts the past couple of year & will continue to evolve with one more major facelift as I continue to develop the site.

Is this you: Sports Equipment | Anthem Sports - Distributing Quality Products Since 1995 ?
Back to the top
Control functions: