Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

OWL_TV: Monmouth game?

Add topic

OWL_TV, will the Monmouth game have a video feed on Friday?

Living in Kentucky, we will really be counting on internet feeds to watch the games this year.

Thanks in advance!
Back to the top

Re: OWL_TV: Monmouth game?

Just received word from FAU that they plan on having the game and they will be attempting audio with this feed as well…that has been an issue for OWLTV for the first two games, but they they are partnering with FAU Athletics and are making every attempt to clear that for tommorow…

Can you say "full broadcast" boys and girls?  I knew you could…….

Back to the top

OWL_TV: Monmouth game?

^That is great news. Audio on the video feed would be nice, but as long as there's video you can always listen to the broadcast from the other site.

Now my question is this, will this be a free video feed like the Lynn game was or will it be run through the official FAU Sports site where you have to pay for the monthly subscription? I have the subscription right now because I thought the last game was going to be a video feed but they lied to me. I don't mind keeping the subscription if there will be video available, but if there will not be then I am going to cancel.

Any info on this would be great.

Thanks!
Back to the top

The free video feed that I am talking about was at the following site: http://owltv.fau.edu.

However, there is a subscription feed thru fausports.cstv.com at this address as well: http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=fau&media=85241

I paid for the monthly subscription for 2nd site and still have not been able to watch a game.
Back to the top

The game tomorrow should be live on OWL TV as well as on CSTV.  We have brought in more equipment for game sound, but currently we wont have play by play, other than the arena announcer.  We hope to partner with Owl Radio to get announcing later in the season.
Back to the top

Awesome news. Hope everything works out well for OwlTv!
Back to the top

Can we have a direct link, please? Or is the link above the one we can use?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

jaratt02 said

^That is great news. Audio on the video feed would be nice, but as long as there's video you can always listen to the broadcast from the other site.

Now my question is this, will this be a free video feed like the Lynn game was or will it be run through the official FAU Sports site where you have to pay for the monthly subscription? I have the subscription right now because I thought the last game was going to be a video feed but they lied to me. I don't mind keeping the subscription if there will be video available, but if there will not be then I am going to cancel.

Any info on this would be great.

Thanks!

Here is the response given to your question:

"We are teaming up with OWLTV to make this a first-class production… not just a one-camera, high view, deal… but a multiple camera, replays + audio broadcast, which is why the tech end needed to be worked through during the exhibitions. The broadcast will go through CSTV and we are planning on providing tomorrows game…There is a professional, commercial radio broadcast that can be heard for free via our site for EVERY regular season game… additionally you should not worry about CSTV and the subscription, they have always provided prompt refunds if need be… but that is not our aim, we want to have this thing up and going and up and going tomorrow…"
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Can we have a direct link, please? Or is the link above the one we can use?

Smitty, go here:

Owl's Nest
Back to the top

Thanks for all of the info!
Back to the top
Control functions: