Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

First Game Thoughts

Add topic

First Game Thoughts

I loved Shavar Richardson and Chris Watson.  Watson more than held his own against a center a lot larger than himself.  Richardson made some silly decisions but showed a lot of promise and playmaking ability.  I'm very excited to hear more from both of them in the future.

The team seemed to get beat up in the middle but without Carlos Monroe I guess that is to be expected right now.  I don't think the final score reflected the tone of the game.  I'm looking forward to seeing this team this year.  Jarvis seemed to make halftime corrections, which worked to make a 15 or 16 point lead in the second half.
Graham can still score and him and Nwoji seemed to calm every one down when needed.

It's looking to be a fun season seasoned leadership with young talent.
Back to the top

Re: First Game Thoughts

Does anyone know how long C-Los is out for?
Back to the top

fins09065 said

No one knows, not even athletics. Jarvis said it won't be all season but right now there's no time table for his return.

As for thoughts on the game. Watson and Richardson looked really good tonight, I love both of these guys. They really know how to play. I hope for the next game Watson gets the start over Sammy. I like Sammy, he's a fan favorite of the Dirty Birds and he's a good guy but he doesn't use his size to his advantage and he can't make a layup to save his life

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

fins09065 said

Like Jab979 said, Jarvis doesn't know and could be available as early as Monday, for the Arizona game.

He would not divulge the WHY either, citing the many different reason for being ineligible issue.  This is something he did not want to talk much about.

Point being made - move on until he becomes eligible again.  Focus on the things you can control.
Back to the top

With that said, Carlos is going to be missed at Arizona if he doesn't make the trip, meaning he would have to be cleared before they leave on Sunday.

Back to the top

apetbrown said

I loved Shavar Richardson and Chris Watson.  Watson more than held his own against a center a lot larger than himself.  Richardson made some silly decisions but showed a lot of promise and playmaking ability.  I'm very excited to hear more from both of them in the future.

Both of those kids will become great players or us.

I just like that we are a much more discipline team on the floor, we are young but as the season progresses I think this will develop into a decent team.  A bit small thought, something that did hurt us against Monmouth (they had some big guys on that team) and could become a factor during conference play.

Some Notes:
Graham had what I think was a personal best - 5 of 6 from the 3pt range.
Free Throws: 83.3%
Back to the top

I think that we played better without C-Los this game cause we got to run a lot. But we would defianately need him for AZ
Back to the top

Bytor said

apetbrown said

Both of those kids will become great players or us.

I just like that we are a much more discipline team on the floor, we are young but as the season progresses I think this will develop into a decent team.  A bit small thought, something that did hurt us against Monmouth (they had some big guys on that team) and could become a factor during conference play.

Some Notes:
Graham had what I think was a personal best - 5 of 6 from the 3pt range.
Free Throws: 83.3%

I agree PG had a great game last night. Everyone knows he can score, but he was very active on the boards, and had a couple of nice passes. He's turning into a complete player. 
Back to the top

graham/monroe scoring, this guy tucker controlling the game and nwoji getting some open shots and not having to worry about the controlling the game with x-man sneaking in there unnoticed and dropping ten points a game….. this team could be good. it will only have royster, watson and richardson as depth but it could be good. sammy still hasn't done anything yet.
Back to the top

Watson shot 100% last night.  Nwoji was 0-6 from 3-pt, and 3-11 FG.

Class by Class

Seniors shot 37% FG and 42% 3-PT.  Those stats are literally saved by Graham.  Without Graham it becomes 25% FG and 0% 3-PT.

Sophomores shot 67% FG and 0% 3-PT (on only 1 attempt).

Freshmen shot 56% FG and 33% 3-PT.

Aside from Graham (who had a great game), the underclassmen seriously stepped up.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: