Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Football: Around the Belt - Nov. 15th

Here are today's game for the Sun-Belt Conference:

Middle Tennessee (2-3) at Western Kentucky, 1:00pm ET on ESPN 360.com & Game Plan

Louisiana_Monroe (2-4) at Mississipi, 2:00pm ET

Troy (4-1) at #20 LSU, 8:00pm ET on ESPN 360.com b& Game Plane

The big game in conference play will be the Louisiana-Lafayette vs FAU game.  This is a game that can have a big impact how the race develops. Especially if FAU can claw-out a victory at home against a very dominant rushing attack that the Cajuns will be bringging to Lockhart this afternoon.
Back to the top

Re: Football: Around the Belt - Nov. 15th

ULM getting lit up.  That ones a loss.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Football: Around the Belt - Nov. 15th

Troy beating LSU…..looking good actually.  I hope they win.

2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Troy up 17-3….they look solid and LSU looks like they were looking past them.  Plus LSU is demoralized after all the drubbings they have been taking.

Back to the top

If they win how does that affect us?
Back to the top

If they win its good for the conference in general.

It also would give them a good chance of winning outright if they end up tying ULL and or us (from their overall record).  I think whoever wins the game next week between ULL and Troy wins the conference.  The other team will likely get the other bowl and if we are lucky and beat FIU we will get a possible 3rd bowl for the conference.

Back to the top

Even though we beat ULL?

Back to the top

I'm glad Troy lost. Here's my thought process:

IF IF IF IF IF Troy would have beaten LSU
and
IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF …. ULL would have won the conference…..

Troy would have gotten the 2nd bowl seed.

But with Troy losing to LSU, they have a less-impressive quality of wins.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: