Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The FAU and Sun Belt Wish List for Week 12

Sun Belt Wish List
Maximize bowl opportunities - Ensure SEC and Big 12 go to National Championship but are weak at the bottom, keep Big East teams on the cusp out of eligibility and ensure a weak CUSA.

Cincy over Louisville - Keeps Louisville (5-4) away from bowl eligibility CHECK
USF over Rutgers - Pushes Rutgers (4-5) further towards ineligibility FAIL
Georgia over Auburn - Pushed 5-5 Auburn towards ineligibility CHECK
Navy over Notre Dame - Keeps Notre Dame ineligible FAIL
MTSU over WKU - Sorry WKU, you are not Sun Belt yet, MTSU win helps the conference win record. CHECK
ULM over Ole Miss - Sun Belt credibility game plus pushes 5-4 Ole Miss towards ineligibility FAIL
ECU over Southern Miss - Pushes Southern Miss to 7 losses, out of bowl contention FAIL
Nebraska over Kansas State - Pushes Kansas State to 7 losses, out of bowl contention CHECK
Baylor over Texas A&M - Pushes the Aggies to 7 losses, out of bowl contention CHECK
UCF over Marshall - It may be hard to root on the Knights but it would push 4-5 Marshall to one game away from ineligibility CHECK
Alabama over Mississippi State - The tide has the chance to knock 3-6 Mississippi State out of bowl contention CHECK
Oklahoma State over Colorado - Would push 5-5 Colorado to one game away from ineligibility CHECK
Kentucky over Vanderbilt -A win for Vanderbilt makes them bowl eligible, a loss puts them two games from elimination FAIL
Tulsa over Houston - Puts 5-4 Houston 2 games from elimination FAIL
SMU over UTEP - Puts 4-5 UTEP 1 game from elimination FAIL
Troy over LSU - The positives of Troy beating LSU have become more important than the negatives IMO.  This would be a coup for the conference and would likely ensure Troy a post-season bowl, with some help. FAIL(37 unanswered? Sheesh)

FAU Wish List
Only one Sun Belt match up this week.  For FAU, the picture brightens slightly if LSU beats Troy.  But as said previously, the media coup for the Sun Belt would be so intense that I think that any strategic gains for FAU would be matched or possibly exceeded by the exposure for the conference.

FAU over ULL (obviously) CHECK
LSU over Troy (strategically for overall record tie-break) CHECK, Troy over LSU (conference press, improve the value of the Troy loss) FAIL

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: The FAU and Sun Belt Wish List for Week 12

Good post, I need something like this to keep my simple mind up to date.  ;D

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

That's a lot of teams to cheer for…

Go Teams!!!!!

Back to the top

So far so good.  Louisville lost, putting them to 5-5.

2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

USF, Georgia, and Notre Dame are making me upset.

Back to the top

The FAU and Sun Belt Wish List for Week 12

So far…

Troy is beating LSU (ranked #20) 14-3 in the 2nd quarter!!

WOW!!  That would do wonders for this conference's image!

And it proves Troy is DAMN good!  Although, we already knew that, now the nation will know Troy won't back down.

PLUS!  Troy has 10 first downs to LSU's 1 first down (TEN to ONE).

I don't really want Troy to steal FAU's limelight but they are obviously handling LSU tonight.  I wish FAU played LSU next now that we are on a roll!
Back to the top

I motion to nominate seminOWL to figure all our bowl possibilities and hopes when all scores complete on Saturday.

Do I have a second?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I motion to nominate seminOWL to figure all our bowl possibilities and hopes when all scores complete on Saturday.

Do I have a second?

Second…
Back to the top

Objections?

…..

*cricket*

……

Hearing none, the chair rules rules in favor of the motion.

;)

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Alabama over Mississippi State - CHECK
Oklahoma State over Colorado - CHECK
Kentucky over Vanderbilt - NO
Tulsa over Houston - NO
SMU over UTEP - NO
Back to the top
Control functions: