Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Guess what?

Owls are back to .500.... feels good.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: Guess what?

Now just imagine if we had held on to beat MTSU……….. >:(
Back to the top

Don't get me started on MTSU

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

The said

I know that one still stings but its water under the bridge and you can't continue to grieve over that. If we win out the next 2 which at this point seems extremely possible, we may get a bowl bid. If nothing else, we'll end the year with a winning record and I believe the the team will be at .500 since 2001.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

How does the .500 works?
what does that mean?
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

How does the .500 works?
what does that mean?

Meaning 5 wins, 5 losses.

We've won 50% (0.50) of our games.
Back to the top

I just looked it up and was mistaken. I thought we were 2 games out of .500 at the end of last year. Winning out the season will put us at 48-47 since 2001 which is .505 which includes the 2003 playoffs and the NO Bowl win. A bowl win will be 49-47 or .510. It would be great to get the program to a winning record.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

The said

I know that one still stings but its water under the bridge and you can't continue to grieve over that. If we win out the next 2 which at this point seems extremely possible, we may get a bowl bid. If nothing else, we'll end the year with a winning record and I believe the the team will be at .500 since 2001.

I want to say if we beat ULL we can beat ASU.

If we can stop T.Y. Hilton, we can beat FIU too.

We can finish 7-5 if FAU continues to play the way it has.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

The said

Had we held on we'd be in prime position for a bowl bid.  Now we have a long shot prayer at getting one.
Back to the top

Guess what?

owlcountry said

I want to say if we beat ULL we can beat ASU.

If we can stop T.Y. Hilton, we can beat FIU too.

We can finish 7-5 if FAU continues to play the way it has.

Agree…

IMO, the play of ULL's attack today proved we can defend a running QB and often ran tail back (ASU)…

Plus the status of Desormeaux being a little less than 100% is "about" equal to Leonard at full strength…

FIU is not as much of a concern IMO…they will be fired up, but the coaching advantage lies with us…right now, i dont think anyone in the conference could stop our running game…that is a huge advantage in a conference that features NO power running outside of us…look at today for example…ULL was supposed to have a good defensive unit…we ran the ball at will until we pulled the starters…

Things are looking very good right now as long as we keep the stupid penalties and turnovers to a minimum…

Good stuff!
Back to the top
Control functions: