Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

My alma mater’s football frenzy

Back to the top

Re: My alma mater’s football frenzy

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Back to the top

he didnt have many friends in college
Back to the top

Nobody listened to him in the past and nobody listens to him now.  He's just another obscure wanna be blogger probably living in his mom's extra bedroom(we don't have basements in Florida).  He can say what he wants but the only way anyone, and I mean anyone, would read it is to post here because no one knows this sad little blog even exists.

Now he can go back to his dungeons and dragons.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I was at FAU in the mid-late 90s and remember the debate very well. There was actual a larger opposition to the football team then you would imagine from students. At the time, it did feel that FAU had much more pressing needs than football. I think everyone ideally wanted a football team at some point, but many felt that the team should not be forced so soon on a university which was going through some serious growing pains. And I was not a "commuter", so I had a good sense of how the "traditional" students felt there. In some ways, it was almost comical at the time to hear FAU and football in the same sentence. But the university did pull it off, and I think it has been great for the university as a whole.  
Back to the top

d-owl said

But the university did pull it off, and I think it has been great for the university as a whole.

To me it's still a work in progress. Until we have a permanent home there's still a lot of building to be done.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

d-owl said

But the university did pull it off, and I think it has been great for the university as a whole.

To me it's still a work in progress. Until we have a permanent home there's still a lot of building to be done.

I don't disagree with you. But I think the football program has brought more attention to the university, which in turn has forced the university to upgrade many aspects of the school itself. But yes, there is a lot of work to be done - and an on campus stadium is a must.
Back to the top

My alma mater’s football frenzy

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

he didnt have many friends in college

and probably still doesn't!

GO OWLS!
AND GO OWLS FOOTBALL!!!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: