Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

HOOT FEST

Add topic

Hootfest is next week is this a new thing???? From what i understand its bunch of bands playing etc. maybe one day it can be as gator growl
Back to the top

Re: HOOT FEST

owlcountry40 said

Hootfest is next week is this a new thing???? From what i understand its bunch of bands playing etc. maybe one day it can be as gator growl

Where/When?  I have never heard of this.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

its on campus i think on the hpt lawn
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

its on campus i think on the hpt lawn

Right. They did this last year with a bunch of bands as a sort of "all day" local band music festival. Cool idea, right? Well, unfortunately because of classes or some other reason, only small groups of people camped out on the lawn with blankets. Hopefully there will be a bigger turnout this year. From what I understand, it's all the bands that the FAU record label (Hoot/Wisdom Recordings) has produced this year.

The event could definitely grow larger over the years and to do so it would need to be bolstered by a more lively local music scene. Boca isn't exactly a hotbed for rock bands. I don't know why… it's not like there's so much to do in Boca that teenagers don't have time to write some music in their garages…
Back to the top

i think its important that the shcool gets all diffetn types of music if it all punk rock type bands it will really limet who will want to go…….
maybe one day we can get DMB lol
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

i think its important that the shcool gets all diffetn types of music if it all punk rock type bands it will really limet who will want to go…….

I don't think it's just rock bands. I know there are quite a few but there should also be some R&B/rap.

They really should throw up a website so people can see/hear some of these bands before the show.

Oh and we'd never get DMB. Just because they sell out arenas 100x the size of anything we'd put them in. You might get Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds doing their acoustic tour but even then I bet it's just the big (40k-50k students) schools…
Back to the top

HOOT FEST

owlcountry said

owlcountry40 said

I don't think it's just rock bands. I know there are quite a few but there should also be some R&B/rap.

They really should throw up a website so people can see/hear some of these bands before the show.

Oh and we'd never get DMB. Just because they sell out arenas 100x the size of anything we'd put them in. You might get Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds doing their acoustic tour but even then I bet it's just the big (40k-50k students) schools…

Yeah, they would have to get bands much smaller and less talented like The Spill Canvas.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

We could have slightly Stoopid  ;D.

Actually, it's not a bad idea that would bring out a good size crowd.  Ft. Lauderdale has lots of good bands, and some of the bars I used to frequent in boca had some great music. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

owlcountry said

owlcountry40 said

once we get a stadium i coould see some big pretty big names coming
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

once we get a stadium i coould see some big pretty big names coming

I hope so too!

I once asked Program Board why we couldn't try to get some bands who were famous but didn't mind playing smaller arenas (did you know they almost got Jimmy Eat World to play last year?) and they said the bands didn't want to come this far south into the state.

I go on the bands website and they're playing Miami. Didn't want to go that far south, eh?
Back to the top
Control functions: