Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU Nations Best Freshman Watch Ty Hilton

This will be Polo's chance to step up:

Look at #5 on the list, those are some big numbers for a freshman.

NCAA College Football - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Schedule and BCS Rankings

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: FIU Nations Best Freshman Watch Ty Hilton

Polo isn't a freshman anymore….are u just saying he should step it up and cover him or step it up and return more yards than him?  I think Hilton is best known for his kickoff returns so maybe time for Leroy or our new Auburn boy to step it up and kick it out of the endzone or to a slow tight end at the 25

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

I agree…who did the "numbers" come from competition wise?

FAU will do everything possible to take the kid out of the game…no worries there…

On a side note:

They have THREE guys to try and prepare for when defending our passing attack:

Gent
Housler
Grant

IMO, the offensive, and defensive advantage lies with the Owls…

We shall see…….
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Polo isn't a freshman anymore….are u just saying he should step it up and cover him or step it up and return more yards than him?  I think Hilton is best known for his kickoff returns so maybe time for Leroy or our new Auburn boy to step it up and kick it out of the endzone or to a slow tight end at the 25

Good strategy seminOWL2006!!!!! Do you think our coaching staff would realize that they need to start kicking the ball out of the end zone to slow this guy down?
This TY is dangerous and he can spoil FAU's intentions for a bowl bid.
I hope FAU can push FIU around like past games.
Are you going?

GO OWLS!!!!
Back to the top

Nope, not going, studying abroad in Amsterdam so I am a bit out of the way.  A bunch of friends as well as my parents are going though.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

The kid is averaging 28 yards per catch, I think we need to worry about his receiving ability.  I know Polo is obviously not a freshman, my point was that its an opportunity to step up and shut down an electric receiver in a game we will need to win.

Back to the top

FIU Nations Best Freshman Watch Ty Hilton

Why not line Small up against him? Offenses hate to throw to Smalls side, ULL did it last week and look where it got them

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Why not line Small up against him? Offenses hate to throw to Smalls side, ULL did it last week and look where it got them

Agreed. Small should cover Hilton. He's been more consistent than Polo.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Jab979 said

Agreed. Small should cover Hilton. He's been more consistent than Polo.

Small usually covers their #1 receiver, the bigger posession type guy.  He usually doesn't defend the slot receiver.  If Polo can shut him down it will give him the confidence he needs to be a leader going into next season.

Back to the top
Control functions: