Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Watch Party locations?

I'm going to be in NY for the game on Saturday and wanted to know if there was any kind of watch party on Long Island? Does anyone else live on the island that is up for watching the game at a bar? Send me a PM let me know

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot wasn't sure where else I should put this.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Watch Party locations?

I'll be up there for the Christmas break so we might want to host a Bowl game watch party then as well  ;D
Back to the top

I'm looking for one in seattle
Back to the top

All,
About six weeks ago, I put out a post and asked for people in different cities to volunteer and help "host" a watch party. No one stepped up - which is fine. But that's why you won't see any "official watch parties" in cities other than Boca.

I had many conversations, some quite extensive, about planning watch parties. And if you remember, we actually had some earlier this year (Chicago, Austin, Houston, Dallas, Tampa, Atlanta, Raleigh.) The attendance was not good.

So we created a list of items that we have to keep in mind when hosting an "official"  FAU watch party. Some of those items include:
  • [li]Having an alumni or friend in a city that is will to send e-mails, make calls and give people directions to the location.[/li]
    [li]Have the alumni negotiate with the restaurant and report back to the FAU Alumni Office.[/li]

etc.

This is definitly something we can start working on in December for next year though!

So if you don't see an "official" FAU watch party spring up, it's not because they don't want to do it, it's because it takes a few weeks to plan.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Duffy's in Boca gonna have the game?

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

Duffy's in Boca gonna have the game?

Probably deerfield since they can get it on ESPN +

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Watch Party locations?

An e-mail went out yesterday to Owl Club members about the watch party (that's why y'all should join the Owl Club!)

The Owls travel to Jonesboro to face Arkansas State this Saturday at 3 p.m.* Join your fellow Owl fans at Duffy's in Deerfield Beach to watch FAU Football play for their fifth-straight win. Then at 7 p.m., we'll head back to campus to see Coach Mike Jarvis and FAU Men's Basketball take on UMKC at the FAU Arena.

Next week we'll kick off the Thanksgiving holiday at the Coaches' Breakfast on Wednesday, November 26th at 8 a.m. This behind-the-scenes look at the 7th annual rivalry game against FIU will give you plenty to talk about around your Thanksgiving table!

Don't forget to forward this e-mail to your family and friends! Go Owls!

*Saturday's game will be broadcast on both CSS and ESPN's GamePlan. However, FAU's game will not begin until the conclusion of their 1 p.m. broadcast.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: