Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU ice hockey

Add topic

FAU ice hockey

"CHECK" out this video.

FAU in white. Go gettem Owls!!!!

This is the kinda stuff people up north live for in the winter.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Re: FAU ice hockey

Wow.  I seriously did not know we had Ice Hockey.  Hmm.  I wonder if the future convocation center can be made icy.  It sure would get alot more use (from the community too) if it was an ice rink first that could be used as a basketball arena when necessary.  Plus it would provide a dedicated flow of kids and parents who could buy stuff at the innovation village.  Who knows, maybe by the time the kids grow up they would want to continue playing in their "home" rink.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Wow.  I seriously did not know we had Ice Hockey.  Hmm.  I wonder if the future convocation center can be made icy.  It sure would get alot more use (from the community too) if it was an ice rink first that could be used as a basketball arena when necessary.  Plus it would provide a dedicated flow of kids and parents who could buy stuff at the innovation village.  Who knows, maybe by the time the kids grow up they would want to continue playing in their "home" rink.

That would be awesome! I'm a big fan of ice hockey being from up north I love ice skating. However being that FAU's hockey team is really a club the chances of them getting an ice rink on campus are somewhere between slim and none

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

And slim just left the room?

I know its not gonna happen, but it would be much more of a money maker than a building that sits empty when its not graduating people or having basketball games.  Even if it was used for the occasional concert it would still be empty alot of the time.  If it is an ice rink then it would be used by youth hockey, figure skaters, fau hockey, recreational skaters.  Imagine if within a few blocks of each other were the ice rink, muvico, and boomers.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

They could probably just use Incredible Ice in Coral Springs.  There are a few seats available.  Too costly to cool the floor.

UF's Ice Hockey Club team traveled to Jacksonville to use the ice for their "home" games.
Back to the top

They don't need to make the Convocation Center icy. Boca should be finalizing the details on building an ice rink on Spanish River road next to the new library.
Back to the top

is the hockey team part of the school?
did the marketing dept forget to distribute the right uniforms with the RIGHT owl logos to this team?
This is embarrassing for the school.
Where is all the marketing money spent on new marks for the school?.
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

did the marketing dept forget to distribute the right uniforms with the RIGHT owl logos to this team?

The hockey team is a club. The marketing department was not involved. Like most clubs, if they have a uniform it's because they petitioned SGA for it and went out to get it on their own.
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

They received those uniforms prior to the branding initiative. They probably don't have the money to get new ones.

And the Ice Hockey team use to do a good job of marketing themselves. and AlexFAU06… you seem like an involved and aware student….. if you haven't heard of them, then maybe they aren't doing their own marketing? I don't know….

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Good hit, but the fight was inexcusable. I don't know if this is still a rule, but I think I recall when they were playing in 02-03 (when I was in SG), fights were not allowed and they were kicked off the team for fighting. Something about it not being an NCAA sport, so it would be like fighting on campus between two flag football teams.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: