Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

this says it all

"We'll be in Boca watching other teams play in bowl games." - Rusty Smith

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

Re: this says it all

owl09 said

yep,

It would have been great to have that extra practice (development) time.
Back to the top

owl09 said

Well hopefully the team remembers the feeling of having to watch other teams, less talented teams, play in bowls games.  They'll need to use that feeling as motivation this offseason and next year to ensure that they don't come out and play as poorly as they did early this season.

They also have to decide to take out their fustration on FIU on Saturday and send the seniors out properly with a Shula Bowl win.
Back to the top

this says it all

man that sucked all around.
1. asu has played like crap lately and we played down to there level.
2. were still playing like boys, men can play in all types of weather. we couldn't perform in the rain or the cold.
3. i lost a ton of money, i thought this was the lock of the century.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

3. i lost a ton of money, i thought this was the lock of the century.

How many times has FAU actually covered this year?
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

owl09 said

less talented teams

Not that I think these boys deserve what's happened to them (I blame the coaches for losing control this season and getting cocky, an attitude that trickled down to the players), to say that the team that beat you is less talented or not as good is a contradiction.  If they beat you, they're better than you.  If they beat teams you lost to, they're better than you.  Potential means nothing if it doesn't translate in actions.  FAU had less usable talent this year than the teams they lost to.  Painful truth, but truth none the less.
Back to the top

sideline said

fauowls44 said

owl09 said

less talented teams

Not that I think these boys deserve what's happened to them (I blame the coaches for losing control this season and getting cocky, an attitude that trickled down to the players), to say that the team that beat you is less talented or not as good is a contradiction.  If they beat you, they're better than you.  If they beat teams you lost to, they're better than you.  Potential means nothing if it doesn't translate in actions.  FAU had less usable talent this year than the teams they lost to.  Painful truth, but truth none the less.

Are you kidding?  Coaches getting cocky is why we are where we are?  You can question play calling in spots, but cockiness?  What proof is there that the coaches had a cocky attitude "that trickled down to the players"?  We are 5-6 right now because of players not getting the job done early in the season.  Coaching is way down on my list of blame for this season.  I'd say dropped passes, the loss of Harmon, injuries to the defensive line, too many penalties, a completed hail mary pass, and plain bad luck all have had a greater effect on our season then the coaching staff's collective attitude.
Back to the top

sideline said

to say that the team that beat you is less talented or not as good is a contradiction.  If they beat you, they're better than you.  FAU had less usable talent this year than the teams they lost to.  Painful truth, but truth none the less.

I dont think you are on point here…the point is there will be other teams in Bowls that have less talent than FAU has…no one is saying within this thread that the Bowl eligible teams that beat FAU have less talent than they do…

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

sideline said

to say that the team that beat you is less talented or not as good is a contradiction.  If they beat you, they're better than you.  FAU had less usable talent this year than the teams they lost to.  Painful truth, but truth none the less.

I dont think you are on point here…the point is there will be other teams in Bowls that have less talent than FAU has…no one is saying within this thread that the Bowl eligible teams that beat FAU have less talent than they do…

That was exactly my point.  The only team that we lost to this year where I felt we lost to a team with lesser talent then we did was MTSU.  Talent wise, I think most of the SBC is closely matched.  A bounce here or there and any one of the top 5 or 6 SBC teams could be going bowling. 
Back to the top

Notice the PapaJohn's.com bowl matchup - that would be pretty cool. Either the guys over at the site don't even know that FAU lost, or they think that a 6 win FAU could actually get invited to that bowl. Probably the former…

Scout.com: 2008 Bowl Projections ... Updated Nov. 26
Back to the top
Control functions: