Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owl's out-jump Kangaroos; remain undefeated at home

Add topic

Back to the top

Re: Owl's out-jump Kangaroos; remain undefeated at home

What a difference a little coaching improvement makes. And no technicals so far this season.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

What a difference a little coaching improvement makes. And no technicals so far this season.

I haven't seen them play live yet, but they sure do seem to be much be much better coached.  I guess a team does take on the coaches' personality.  Last year they were erratic.  Like Rex, as soon as something went wrong, they'd self destruct.  This year they seem to be calm, patient, and disciplined.

But more then MJ's coaching, his recruits are the big reason we are 3-1 right now.  Richardson and Watson have been outstanding.  Alex Tucker, who some have said is the best of the recruiting class, is back on the court now.  MJ knows talent and he found some real good ones late in the offseason.
Back to the top

A big difference I have seem so far, is the play of Graham - no longer the reckless & wild child on the court.  He is playing more in control now which probably can be attributed to coach Jarvis & the style of play being implemented.

"X" seems to be playing with more attitude & is not as soft as in the past.

Jarvis is a much more polish coach then Rex ever will be and brings about a much different demeanor to this program.  You just look at his composure on the floor and the difference is night & day.

And what can you say about the play of the freshman's - IMO, I think Jarvis is even surprised by their maturity level of play so far.
Back to the top

Tucker is listed at a generous 5 feet 11 inches.

:D You're right FO, that's VERY generous. That block was the sickest thing I've seen this year. We're used to seeing Brett blocking shots, but when the little guy gets one (and that block was huge) it's so exciting. This freshmen class is so impressive.
Back to the top

The interesting thing is we lost to UKMC, if I am correct, 3 times in the last 2 years.  Can you imagine if we had gone for Jarvis after Doherty left? Imagine the team we would have now. 

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

sanibel said

That block was the sickest thing I've seen this year. We're used to seeing Brett blocking shots, but when the little guy gets one (and that block was huge) it's so exciting.

No way to measure how high he got, but probably safe to say that he was a good three feet off the ground??

Impressive!
Back to the top

A couple things I've noticed this year…First, our freshman are REALLY helping us, Richardson can shoot and make from anywhere on the floor. Watson brings alot of excitement and is playing really well. Second, Graham seems to be on fire, he is shooting from all over the place and is really consistent. I think that has alot to do with the coaching. Jarvis seems to know how to handle him. Last night when he was taken out, coach grabbed him by the jersey, put his arm around him and talked with him for a minute or two, pointing around the floor. That was really awesome to see, because he was totally cool and calm and seemed to be really teaching him something. Jarvis is bringing out the best in PG and its really showing. The team overall seems to be playing with more excitement and engery overall and it seems to be translating well onto the floor. If we get Monroe back, this could be an awesome year. Just an FYI, the last points we scored last night where by the former tuba player,lol.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

A couple things I've noticed this year…First, our freshman are REALLY helping us, Richardson can shoot and make from anywhere on the floor. Watson brings alot of excitement and is playing really well. Second, Graham seems to be on fire, he is shooting from all over the place and is really consistent. I think that has alot to do with the coaching. Jarvis seems to know how to handle him. Last night when he was taken out, coach grabbed him by the jersey, put his arm around him and talked with him for a minute or two, pointing around the floor. That was really awesome to see, because he was totally cool and calm and seemed to be really teaching him something. Jarvis is bringing out the best in PG and its really showing. The team overall seems to be playing with more excitement and engery overall and it seems to be translating well onto the floor. If we get Monroe back, this could be an awesome year. Just an FYI, the last points we scored last night where by the former tuba player,lol.

You mean this one:

Back to the top

Owl's out-jump Kangaroos; remain undefeated at home

We beat them by more then Kansas did
Back to the top
Control functions: