Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Can 6-6 get us in a Bowl?

Just wondering, and grasping at straws, but is there still a path for us to get to a Bowl game with a win on Saturday?

As I understand it, the bowls in which the SBC has secondary tie-ins can take any bowl eligible BCS conference teams over a 6 win SBC team.  Isn't there a scenerio where there still may not be enough eligible BCS conference teams to fill the Independance and Papjohns.com bowls?

Assuming FAU, ULL, and ASU all end up 6-6, couldn't we still get invited if everything breaks right?  I would assume it would be up to the Bowls who they'd want to invite.  We'd have the Schnelly factor in our favor.

Oh well…just have to worry about beating FIU.
Back to the top

Re: Can 6-6 get us in a Bowl?

well i said it was over and i even gave seminOWL a pretty hard time about it…

but apparently ESPN says i am wrong and so i apologize seminOWL for the hard time

NCAA College Football BCS Bowl Projections - Preseason - ESPN

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

owl09 said

but apparently ESPN says i am wrong and so i apologize seminOWL for the hard time

Glad to see ESPN has faith in us!  Can someone who is better at these projections then me explain how we can still get an invite?  I know we must win, but who has to lose?
Back to the top

Our boys still believe they can still make a bowl - they have never given up on the season even though many of you did. Please don't loose faith in this team, show up next week to say good bye to our seniors. Don't give up on our Owls and wait until the Bowl Bids come out !

GO OWLS !!!
Back to the top

FAU vs. Rutgers? HAHAHA  talk about a family rivalry. Mom works at Rutgers. LOL

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Is all we need to do this week is win or will we need other teams 2 lose
Back to the top

I highly doubt it, a 6-6 team from the PAC-10 or Big East is going to get priority over a 6-6 team from the Sunbelt.  Think about it, Troy didn't even get a bowl bid last year.
Back to the top

Kansas would be one serious opponent...not that Rutgers is any less of one they way they have been playing lately.
Back to the top

The said

I highly doubt it, a 6-6 team from the PAC-10 or Big East is going to get priority over a 6-6 team from the Sunbelt.  Think about it, Troy didn't even get a bowl bid last year.

They had an overage of bowl eligible teams last year…this year things are not the same quantity wise.
Back to the top

Can 6-6 get us in a Bowl?

owl09 said

haha, my friend sent me this.  To tell you the truth, I think ESPN is being a bit liberal in FAU's favor here…. I really think that Arkansas State gets the 2nd bid and the 3rd bid goes to either the winner of ULL/MTSU or the winner of FAU/FIU….and in that case I think geography may play a role in deciding that its the winner of ULL/MTSU over a Florida team that may not travel as well.

Thank you ESPN for backing me up I guess, but I would be VERY surprised if they were right. 

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: