Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

President Brogan's pay

Add topic

Because I've turned in to a bit of a higher education nut, I subscribed to The Chronicle of Higher Education.

This month's cover story was on president's pay. Here's what the report says:

Florida A&M: $325,000 base + compensation = $429,243
UF: $414,566 + compensation = $731,811
FSU: $309,613 + compensation = $711,145
UCF: $463,500 + compensation = $593,588
FIU: $462,608 + compensation = $561,816
USF: $395,000 + compensation = $502,845
 FAU: $324,938 base + compensation = $400,414

And here's what the story also reports about Brogan's compensation
$10,673 car; use of house; $34,800 deferred compensation; $30,003 retirement pay.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: President Brogan's pay

p.s. He's worth every penny plus $100,000 more in my opinion

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

Chronicle is a very good publication.

The salaries of presidents have skyrocketed over the past few years, especially in relation to faculty salaries. Most of the difference comes from the "compensation" part, which is all booster funding. We have far fewer/less active boosters.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

The salaries of presidents have skyrocketed over the past few years, especially in relation to faculty salaries. Most of the difference comes from the "compensation" part, which is all booster funding. We have far fewer/less active boosters.

Still, that's a huge chunk of change.

College presidents making more money than doctors… and without the threat of malpractice.

I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this career from students now… haven't met anyone with the expressed desire to become a college president. Maybe if they knew how much they made, they'd change their tune!

Perhaps FAU can sponsor the first "College President" degree track in the nation!
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Lm77 said

Still, that's a huge chunk of change.

College presidents making more money than doctors… and without the threat of malpractice.

I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this career from students now… haven't met anyone with the expressed desire to become a college president. Maybe if they knew how much they made, they'd change their tune!

Perhaps FAU can sponsor the first "College President" degree track in the nation!

HAHA but the pay also covers things like
-"life in a fishbowl:" everything they do is public and is scrutinized
- Doctors aren't on necessarily working seven days a week like college president's do.

Back to the top

can somebody explain the compensation part?

thanks,
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

thanks,

Same as perks.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

thanks,

House, car, travel, etc…
Back to the top

President Brogan's pay

Dollar for dollar we have the best president.  Plus he turned down a $50k raise.  Quality + Values.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: