Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

this is the FIRST TIME i have ever seen this.....

ESPN.com's Mid-Major Conference Bowl Breakdowns

"SUN BELT
The Sun Belt has just one team with seven wins (Troy) and one team that could gain seven wins (Arkansas State). The Papajohns.com Bowl, Independence Bowl, both with auxiliary tie-ins to the Sun Belt, require the Sun Belt teams to have seven wins for bowl eligibility.

Troy: The Trojans secured a piece of the Sun Belt title this past weekend, but will need to secure it with a win over Arkansas State in two weeks should the Red Wolves beat North Texas.
Possibilities: New Orleans Bowl, Papjohns.com Bowl, Independence Bowl.
Prediction: New Orleans Bowl.

Still up for grabs: Papajohns.com Bowl, Independence Bowl
Contenders: Arkansas State"

from this site
Error Page

i have NEVER seen that before… anyone know if this is true or not?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

Re: this is the FIRST TIME i have ever seen this.....

I just saw that actually…BUT, she is an idiot.

The truth behind her mis-statement is that if there is an available 7-5 team out in the wild blue yonder they have to take them before a 6-6 Sun Belt team.  That is nothing new.  Luckily for us there are not random, lost 7-5 teams wandering the wild blue yonder to take those spots.

She is flat out wrong, and a horrible reporter…should probably be fired.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Argh she is sooo wrong.  Why does she have Troy as a possible for Independence and Papa Johns and then have them going to New Orleans.  They meet her mythical 7 win scenario plus are in the Sun Belt who has a contract with these bowls.  At the very least under her retarded worldview the Sun Belt should get 2 because Walters would tell Troy to take one of those and send the next in line to New Orleans.

Seriously.  This is all she does, follow non-BCS teams and she can't even get that right.  Is she really that much smarter than the official ESPN bowl predictors who have 3 Sun Belt teams in bowls?

IDIOT!

2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

this is the FIRST TIME i have ever seen this.....

i honestly just read through every single associated press, espn.com, and every other respected news network i can think of from july 22, 2008 (the date that the Belt reached the agreement with the 3 new bowls) and i find NOTHING about having to have a WINNING record… just "bowl-eligible"

so for right now, i agree with you seminOWL… graham watson is an idiot

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

BlueRaiderZoneDotCom (11/25/2008 at 6:54 AM)
Report Violation

Graham, you have got it all wrong on the Sun Belt. Any 6-6 SBC team trumps another conference's 6-6 team in the Papa John's, Independence, and St. Pete Bowl if those bowls cannot be fulfilled by the primary. Looks like St. Pete is fulfilled.

Only way SBC team does not go to PapaJohn's is if WAC and MAC 7-5's with no tie-ins can go. That is highly unlikely.

PapaJohn's will most definitely include a Sun Belt program.

You need to email the Sun Belt HQ. See for yourself.

— Though the Independence Bowl has signed a contingency agreement with the Sun Belt Conference, it is not necessarily required to select a bowl-eligible Sun Belt team should one be available.

“If there’s a seven-win team available, and the Sun Belt team has six wins, we have to take the one with seven,” Independence Bowl selection committee member Pesky Hill said.

(Via The News Star)

Back to the top
Control functions: