Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Monroe back for SBC schedule?

Add topic

From the PBP:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/faublog/entries/2008/11/25/monroe_could_return_for_confer.html

Home > FAU Sports > Archives > 2008 > November > 25 > Entry

Monroe could return for start of Sun Belt schedule
By Tom D'Angelo | Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 11:20 AM

Florida Atlantic is working with the NCAA to determine the length of basketball forward Rodney Monroe’s suspension, but according to athletic director Craig Angelos, the Owls hope to have him back after seven to 10 games.

The issue that has kept Monroe from playing this season surfaced last May, according to the university. The expectations are he will return in time for the start of conference play, which is Dec. 16 at Denver. The game at Denver will be the 10th of the season for the Owls.

The Owls were 3-2 entering Tuesday’s game against James Madison in the consolation round of the NIT. Senior Paul Graham is leading the team in Monroe’s absence with 15.0 points per game and freshman Shavar Richardson is proving to be a solid signing by Mike Jarvis. Richardson is averaging 14.0 points off the bench.

Sophomore Xavier Perkins is among the team’s most improved players, averaging 11.8 points and 5.2 rebounds. Perkins, who had a career high 24 points in Monday’s loss at No. 24 Davidson, averaged 5.8 points as a freshman.

Monroe was the team’s leading scorer last season and is the program’s all-time leading rebounder.

Back to the top

Re: Monroe back for SBC schedule?

Reported this last night:

"continued absense of All SBC Forward Carlos Monroe, who is expected back sometime in late December due to a continued ineligibilty issue."

But:

Who is Rodney Monroe??
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

"continued absense of All SBC Forward Carlos Monroe, who is expected back sometime in late December due to a continued ineligibilty issue."

But:

Who is Rodney Monroe??

His evil twin that doesn't go to class.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Florida_Owl said

But:

Who is Rodney Monroe??

His evil twin that doesn't go to class.

;D

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Monroe back for SBC schedule?

that is great news. we can win every game up until then without him anyway. i still think we can hang in there with UAB and Kentucky.
Back to the top

Rodney! hahahaha I guess it's better than calling us FIU

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Rodney Monroe will be backed up my Anthony Graham IV and John Tucker.  Freshman Jacob Richardson is also expected to make an impact.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: