Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Should the OwlsNest buy a Locker

Add topic

$5000.  If we all chipped in I think we could probably hit that goal.  Its not a million dollars but hey. (Plus they'd probably give it to us if we were anywhere close, not to mention good seats ;D)

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: Should the OwlsNest buy a Locker

I'll throw in.

Who here has purchased a brick?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I have! Well I bought part of it. The Beta class of Kappa Kappa Psi (National Honorary Band Fraternity) purchased a brick for FAU's Mu Beta chapter. :)

AEA
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

$5000.  If we all chipped in I think we could probably hit that goal.  Its not a million dollars but hey. (Plus they'd probably give it to us if we were anywhere close, not to mention good seats ;D)

I don't know what the money officially got used for but a bunch of us donated money to the Blue, Red, Shovel Campaign a year ago. It was a campaign to get the BOT motivated to approve the stadium. Someone was going to buy several thousand shovels and hand them out at a home game. Never happened, but some money was collected. What I thought was going to happen was the money was to be set aside until someone decided what to do with it. I haven't heard a word about it for a while. Maybe it got used, I don't know.

Look here:
Owl's Nest

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Should the OwlsNest buy a Locker

SeminOWL2006 said

I thought of doing something similar - just haven't had much time to set things up.  It was geared toward the stadium.  Maybe I can get it going after the new Year.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

SeminOWL2006 said

I don't know what the money officially got used for but a bunch of us donated money to the Blue, Red, Shovel Campaign a year ago. It was a campaign to get the BOT motivated to approve the stadium. Someone was going to buy several thousand shovels and hand them out at a home game. Never happened, but some money was collected. What I thought was going to happen was the money was to be set aside until someone decided what to do with it. I haven't heard a word about it for a while. Maybe it got used, I don't know.

Look here:
Owl's Nest

I remember that the checks where made to FAU Athletics, if I remember correctly - so, at least the money went to support the program.

I know I contacted Terri Mojir (a while back) to make sure the donation I made went towards (along) my Owl Club donations.

Back to the top
Control functions: