Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Next year will be the year we were looking for.......

Just having some fun taking a peek at the future…..

QB- I think Rusty will have a bounce back year. A big one. I also think David Kooi will move up to the #2 ahead of Van Camp

RB- Blanchard will be penciled in at the #1, but we'll after the spring if Stinton or Barach will be a threat to him when training camp comes around. Willie Rose will definitely be getting more carries next season and will end up being our 3rd down back for protection and good hands out of the backfield

WR- I know we have 2 incumbents here, but HS might shake things up. Gent is the lock, but Bonner might be the odd man out and drop to the #3. Jean will be pushing him for the #2 and I think he gets it. I would like to see a Med redshirted Harmon come in and make a move to WR. Conshario Johnson and A. Holley will give us good depth and provide competition for the #4.

TE- Jamari Grant will be hard to keep on the sidelines next year, which is why I said Harmon should make the move (or vice versa). Houlser had a better 2nd half of the season and should be a good #2.

OL- I think David Matlock will take over for Paris in the middle. Miller will move to RT with Spitale next to him at RG. Lavoris Williams will take over at all important LT next to Ryan Wischnefski at LG. Lots of young talent could blow this whole projection up.

DL- Jamere Johnson and Council at the ends with Cox and Mertilius in the middle looks good. We still have Savidge who could take a spot as well.

LB- "Big Pads" Lockley should be in the middle with Bradwell on one side. I would figure on Pattee or YHN Morgan fighting it out for the other side.

DB- Hill and Polo look to be the starting CBs. I'd like to see McIntosh move to strong safety, but he might be a bit small, so he'll be the nickel. I think wicked fast Curt Cross is the dime. At safety, were probably looking at Ed Alexander at FS and SS is up for grabs.

K/P- Peterson should get better, and Paros is next in line for K

PR- Polo will be here

KR- Holley and maybe Bonner…

Feel free to critique and disagree/agree. All just for fun. Got to start building momentum for next year now by beating FIU and then beat up a established program like Rutgers or Kansas in a bowl game…..

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: Next year will be the year we were looking for.......

Mertilius:

Not on the team anymore…
Back to the top

Next year will be the year we were looking for.......

I think that there will be alot of pessimism about our team next year, maybe predicted to go between 4-6th in the belt, even if we have a bowl (and even if we get a win) and they would be justified.  Losing alot of our defense will be difficult but I think our team thrives on negativity from outside, it pushes them together and strengthens their will.  The young defense will step up and the offense will become more stable in its production.

I guess what I am trying to say is: Shhhhh, dont jinx us.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

RB Willie stays at #1

Harmon stays at TE

OL- Wischnefski to C, Matlock stays at G, agree on the rest, Look for Karrick, McRoy and Newbold in the mix. One more Troy Niblack may see some serious time.

DL- Savidge, Cox, Givens and Joseph (Daniel), also Riquer, Cyrille should all contribute

LB - The Spring and Fall Camp should help get this ready, a lot of talent and they are young

Agree with the others and if Holley can catch and run forward as soon as he catchs the ball his speed should be a factor.

It was mentioned that it could be like a 2005 team but I don't agree, the difference is depth and playing time. remember that was the year the program founders graduated. That left a big blank spot with little experience. I believe we are now reloading instead of rebuilding.
Back to the top

Talon said

RB Willie stays at #1

Willie is featured at FB for us…..should stay at #1 there, but he won't be moved to tailback

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Mertilius:

Not on the team anymore…

Damn….I thought he was one of our many DL injuries…..

-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I think Housler may turn into a WR .

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Don't forget about Amos Wood.
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I think Housler may turn into a WR .

I'm thinking we have to convert one of them. The 3 of them are pretty much big WR size. We don't need 3 TEs

-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

Just having some fun taking a peek at the future…..

QB- I think Rusty will have a bounce back year. A big one. I also think David Kooi will move up to the #2 ahead of Van Camp

RB- Blanchard will be penciled in at the #1, but we'll after the spring if Stinton or Barach will be a threat to him when training camp comes around. Willie Rose will definitely be getting more carries next season and will end up being our 3rd down back for protection and good hands out of the backfield

WR- I know we have 2 incumbents here, but HS might shake things up. Gent is the lock, but Bonner might be the odd man out and drop to the #3. Jean will be pushing him for the #2 and I think he gets it. I would like to see a Med redshirted Harmon come in and make a move to WR. Conshario Johnson and A. Holley will give us good depth and provide competition for the #4.

TE- Jamari Grant will be hard to keep on the sidelines next year, which is why I said Harmon should make the move (or vice versa). Houlser had a better 2nd half of the season and should be a good #2.

OL- I think David Matlock will take over for Paris in the middle. Miller will move to RT with Spitale next to him at RG. Lavoris Williams will take over at all important LT next to Ryan Wischnefski at LG. Lots of young talent could blow this whole projection up.

DL- Jamere Johnson and Council at the ends with Cox and Mertilius in the middle looks good. We still have Savidge who could take a spot as well.

LB- "Big Pads" Lockley should be in the middle with Bradwell on one side. I would figure on Pattee or YHN Morgan fighting it out for the other side.

DB- Hill and Polo look to be the starting CBs. I'd like to see McIntosh move to strong safety, but he might be a bit small, so he'll be the nickel. I think wicked fast Curt Cross is the dime. At safety, were probably looking at Ed Alexander at FS and SS is up for grabs.

K/P- Peterson should get better, and Paros is next in line for K

PR- Polo will be here

KR- Holley and maybe Bonner…

Feel free to critique and disagree/agree. All just for fun. Got to start building momentum for next year now by beating FIU and then beat up a established program like Rutgers or Kansas in a bowl game…..

While I like your enthusiasm, THIS year was supposed to be the year we were looking for. We returned basically everybody, and look where we are. Next year is going to be rough. 
Back to the top
Control functions: