Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Check Down, Fail Down

Ok, lets see how we are doing…some good news so far, some bad news (still developing).

Remember we (FAU, the Sun Belt in general) want all of these teams to lose. Arizona and UCLA each need to lose 1 apiece.

Friday Games:
UTEP (Next game ECU) - L CHECK
Akron (Next game Temple) - ? CHECK
Bowling Green (Next game Toledo) - ? FAIL
Colorado (Next game Nebraska) - L CHECK
UCLA (Next 2 games, Arizona State & USC) - ?, L CHECK
Arizona State (Next 2 games, UCLA & Arizona) - ?, ? HALF FAIL

Saturday Games:
Clemson (Next game South Carolina) - L FAIL
NC State (Next game Miami) - L FAIL
Virginia (Next game Virginia Tech) - L CHECK
Louisville (Next game Rutgers) - ?
Memphis (Next game Tulane) - ?
Southern Miss (Next game SMU) - W
Auburn (Next game Alabama) - L
Hawaii (Next 2 games, Washington State & Cincy) - ?, L

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: Check Down, Fail Down

It's official.  With Colorado's loss to Nebraska today the Sun Belt will get at least 3 bowls as long as the SEC and the Big12 supply the National Championship contenders.  This is pretty likely….the ACC has nothing, the Big East has nothing, the Pac10 has USC but they look like they might not even with their conference.  Big10 has Penn State but I think the polls have had enough of sending Big10 teams to get crushed.

If only 2 teams on this list become bowl-elgible (1 already has) then, unless I screwed up somewhere, the Sun Belt will get an at-large bid (as long as ASU beats North Texas and….god forbid FIU beat us they would also need to beat WKU) .  The bowl that takes that last Sun Belt team will literally be scraping the bottom of the barrel for the dead last bowl-eligible team.

If all the FAU fans around here don't want to take that chance, lets root for North Texas against ASU and finish up shop against FIU.  If those two things happen we are in.  If ASU beats North Texas we are maybe 2:1 AGAINST us (or FIU for that matter) getting in.

2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

It's official.  With Colorado's loss to Nebraska today the Sun Belt will get at least 3 bowls as long as the SEC and the Big12 supply the National Championship contenders.  This is pretty likely….the ACC has nothing, the Big East has nothing, the Pac10 has USC but they look like they might not even with their conference.  Big10 has Penn State but I think the polls have had enough of sending Big10 teams to get crushed.

If only 2 teams on this list become bowl-elgible (1 already has) then, unless I screwed up somewhere, the Sun Belt will get an at-large bid (as long as ASU beats North Texas and….god forbid FIU beat us they would also need to beat WKU) .  The bowl that takes that last Sun Belt team will literally be scraping the bottom of the barrel for the dead last bowl-eligible team.

If all the FAU fans around here don't want to take that chance, lets root for North Texas against ASU and finish up shop against FIU.  If those two things happen we are in.  If ASU beats North Texas we are maybe 2:1 AGAINST us (or FIU for that matter) getting in.

I agree, we need ASU to lose tomorrow - if UNT can do anything on Defense they have enough offense to make an upset possible.
Back to the top

The At-Large bid just dried up.  The only way the Sun-Belt gets a 4th bowl is a miracle in which C-USA cant get any more teams eligible and prioritizes other bowls ahead of St. Pete.  Unlikely since its the first year of the bowl and they want to represent.

In other news.  North Texas is all tied up against ASU….GO MEAN GREEN!

Back to the top

Check Down, Fail Down

SeminOWL2006 said

The At-Large bid just dried up.  The only way the Sun-Belt gets a 4th bowl is a miracle in which C-USA cant get any more teams eligible and prioritizes other bowls ahead of St. Pete.  Unlikely since its the first year of the bowl and they want to represent.

In other news.  North Texas is all tied up against ASU….GO MEAN GREEN!

North Texas lost….
Back to the top

We need MTSU to beat ULL and Troy to beat Ark. St. next week

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

That would leave 3 teams that have beaten us.  I think ULL over MTSU might be better since we have the head to head over them.

Back to the top
Control functions: