Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Most Unbelievable, Unlikely, Comeback of FAU History.

WOW.

Down by 14 with like only a few minutes left, after a horrible interception and we have the guts to comeback and win in overtime.  Last play is a sack on 4th down to stop and FIU team that was rolling on offense.

WOW

This game should have been on TV.  If it had been we would be a lock for a bowl.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: Most Unbelievable, Unlikely, Comeback of FAU History.

Most Unbelievable, Unlikely, Comeback of FAU History.

Wow!!!  What can I say?  Congrats to the Owls on one of the most amazing games I've ever seen…Unfortunately for my Panthers it was the Owls that prevailed.  Another heartbreaking loss for our team……it pains me to say it but….what a game!  What a 4th quarter!!
Back to the top

It really would have been better if FIU fans considered this a real rivalry and showed up for the game.  I mean it was bowl eligibility on the line, why can't they accept that they will never ever beat Miami, and someday, if they are lucky they just MIGHT beat FAU (maybe).  I can't wait to see how they fair against UCF in 2010.

GO OWLS!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

It was good the way it was…Actually, I don't think it was that bad of a showing…not much better from FAU anyways.  I don't know what this game, and my comment, has anything to do with Miami and such.  As for lucky to win the game……please.
Back to the top

FIUFanatic said

Wow!!!  What can I say?  Congrats to the Owls on one of the most amazing games I've ever seen…Unfortunately for my Panthers it was the Owls that prevailed.  Another heartbreaking loss for our team……it pains me to say it but….what a game!  What a 4th quarter!!

Thanks, you're a class act Fanatic……

i thought you guys had us at the 3:09 mark up by 14, and was expecting to congratulate you after the last number of losses…

God had another plan tonight…both teams played with zeal and great determination…

Could have gone either way in OT…

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

FIUFanatic said

Thanks, you're a class act Fanatic……

i thought you guys had us at the 3:09 mark up by 14, and was expecting to congratulate you after the last number of losses…

God had another plan tonight…both teams played with zeal and great determination…

Could have gone either way in OT…

Yep…it was written that FAU was gonna win this game, regardless of how well we played, or mistakes done….it was a wild, wild game…I'm stunned, mad, you  name it…but at the same time, I will always be a proud FIU fan as heck…I've been through worse times as a fan….The always optimistic part of me says we have improved our program tremendously from one year to the next, with freshmen making plays all over the field this year for us….Oh well….that still doesn't make me feel great!!  No quit in either team, btw….
Back to the top

FIUFanatic said

It was good the way it was…Actually, I don't think it was that bad of a showing…not much better from FAU anyways.  I don't know what this game, and my comment, has anything to do with Miami and such.  As for lucky to win the game……please.

FIUfanatic:
Are you blind man? did you see FIU's side? 300 people maybe!!!!
Did you see FAU's side? the south sideline was full and we are 27K. You are 38 K students and the game was in Miami with free tickets for FIU fans
Why don't you admit it. your attendance was low, just like crazy cane mentioned last week.
People keep making observations about your low attendance, but FIU fans keep denying this. ARE YOU REALLY BLIND OR DON'T KNOW HOW TO COUNT.
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

FIUFanatic said

FIUfanatic:
Are you blind man? did you see FIU's side? 300 people maybe!!!!
Did you see FAU's side? the south sideline was full and we are 27K. You are 38 K students and the game was in Miami with free tickets for FIU fans
Why don't you admit it. your attendance was low, just like crazy cane mentioned last week.
People keep making observations about your low attendance, but FIU fans keep denying this. ARE YOU REALLY BLIND OR DON'T KNOW HOW TO COUNT.

Alex…you are the one that says there were only 10 FIU fans in a game at FIU vs. FAU.  Believe me, don't kid yourself into believing all you write.  If it is true you guys outnumbered us, you didn't bring all that many either…I'm not blind, just realistic and gracious when losing.  Too bad some can't be gracious while winning.  Either way…does it really matter?  FAU won one amazing game over FIU, once again…
Back to the top

FIU Fanatic…congrats on a very good season. This game could have went either way, and there is no doubt the team and program are on the come up. With the stadium and great recruits like T.Y., FIU looks like it is turning the corner.  
Back to the top

Thank you d-owl.  Now, if you land a bowl game, do the SBC proud, will ya?  Congrats.
Back to the top
Control functions: