Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Post Game thoughts

Unbelievable comeback win for FAU. I still don't think they played at the level they are capable of but they got the win somehow. Too many dropped passes, a chronic illness, the defense was not there tonight. Long pass completions by FIU.

I couldn't resist, so I went to the FIU board like a couple of them do on ours (all the time). I found some interesting posts. I'm not a member there and really don't want to be. So if anyone wants to enlighten them, be my guest.

This guy thinks next year FIU will be able to tie the FAU's youngest team to a bowl record. Next year????? ???

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.fiugoldenpanthers.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=545

This one is great. FAU will never out recruit FIU!!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.fiugoldenpanthers.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=546

Well, if we aren't we are certainly doing something else right.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Re: Post Game thoughts

Cheez, MC's comment that seems a bit arrogant  :P
Back to the top

FIU may never be out-recruited by FAU but FAU will never be beaten by FIU.

I'll take our version.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

LOL…Cristobal can boast over the subjective, completely speculative, unscientific champion of the guessing game that is high school recruiting all he wants, I'll take the wins on the field.

I personally didn't hear the comments, and I'd hope that the FIU fan was just taking his comments out of context.  I can relate to a Coach having his comment taken out of context(i.e. Schnelly's Texas comments).  Maybe someone asked if he though the game would swing any recruits and he was saying that he won't be out recruited…after all that is his calling card and why he got that job, he was known as a good recruiter.  If that is the case, I have no problem with that.  The way the FIU fan makes it sound, he was just being an arrogant ass.
Back to the top

Post Game thoughts

Ha…Ron Zook is a great recruiter, all of the players loved him, he just sucks as a head coach so if ole Mario wants his claim to fame to be a great recruiter, have it. I'll take a good coach any day
Back to the top

When our stadium is built and we have the history of what we have accomplished plus never losing to FIU in the Shula Bowl (their one win was officially vacated) compared to their past, there is no way that they can out recruit us, but we need the stadium.

I also love how they speak about getting better every year therefore they will be the powerhouse in the SB as if the rest of the teams are just sitting around doing nothing.  If they haven't noticed almost all of the SB teams are getting better every year.

I can't believe we have to wait a whole year to beat them again :D

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

The comment about being out recruited irked me a bit. Usually when something controversial is posted here, the members of the opposing school's board will show up to refute the comments. Case in point, the arguments about the FIU attendance at yesterday's game which is on another thread. I don't want to join their board but I did want to make some remark about that recruiting comment. I was hoping one of our members who is also a member of their board would do so.

The other remark about tying our record. If it didn't happen this year, its over. This was the year to tie the record, the programs 7th year. This was FIU's 7th year. The next team that has a chance to do it will be South Alabama. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

"This one takes the cake on the wildest, craziest, most awesome comeback that I have ever been a part of," Smith said. "To have it against FIU is just icing on the cake."

I love the last part.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

This just in:

You are 0-6, and have scrubbed one game due to ineligible players, against FAU.  Enough said.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

illinoisowl said

This just in:

You are 0-6, and have scrubbed one game due to ineligible players, against FAU.  Enough said.

"Ineligible players" or not, we still beat you and big time 52-6. We're 1-6 overall.
Back to the top
Control functions: