Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Gary Nord hired as Purdue's Offensive Coordinator

Who should be our next Offensive Coordinator?

AlexFAU06
$mittysahoot
Bytor
Florida_Owl
BOSSMAN

You must select between 1 and 16 options

the rumors were somewhat true

Hope Announces Football Coaching Staff Changes - PURDUESPORTS.COM - Purdue Official Athletic Site

he's not the head guy, but he was the taken as offensive head guy

congrats to nord

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

Re: Gary Nord hired as Purdue's Offensive Coordinator

Gary Nord hired as Purdue's Offensive Coordinator

owl09 said

Hope Announces Football Coaching Staff Changes - PURDUESPORTS.COM - Purdue Official Athletic Site

congrats to nord

Good for Gary.  So much for the talk of him being the head guy after Howard.

Any guesses on who we hire to replace him?
Back to the top

This isn't good news for us, Nord is a good coach and a good offensive coordinator.  Changing O-Coordinators going into Rustys Senior year isn't a good thing.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

front page of Purdue sports website

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

good for nord but sucks for us
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

owl09 said

congrats to nord

Good for Gary.  So much for the talk of him being the head guy after Howard.

Any guesses on who we hire to replace him?

They need to hire a coach that can recruit to replace him.

Back to the top

I've been critical of Nord in the past but I know he's a good guy and can, as a coach, produce. I wish him well at Purdue, its not exactly an easy job but definetly a step up from FAU.

You guys are right, with Nord gone who will coach the offense?  I'd say HS brings someone in, I haven't the slightest who though. This does suck for Rusty and the rest of the offense, having to learn some new things. But with HS as coach the O will not change much. Who knows, perhaps this is a good thing, maybe a new OC will bring some renewed fire and energy.
Back to the top

I really feel for Rusty on this one…I would have thought he would stay to see Rusty through his senior year but I guess not, fair enough, bigger program and I'm sure some more money.

We do need someone that can not only recruit the living daylights out of South Florida but could also be a potential for next head coach.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I really feel for Rusty on this one…I would have thought he would stay to see Rusty through his senior year but I guess not, fair enough, bigger program and I'm sure some more money.

We do need someone that can not only recruit the living daylights out of South Florida but could also be a potential for next head coach.

I think we'll have tough time with that. There are so many spread offense teams now, where will we find a pro-style offensive coordinator? Maybe the pros!
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

TeamBeer said

I think we'll have tough time with that. There are so many spread offense teams now, where will we find a pro-style offensive coordinator? Maybe the pros!

I dont think any school besides UF runs the spread in the state of Florida….I know Florida State, Miami, UCF, FIU and FAU dont…not sure if I would call USF's a spread either.  There are plenty of able coaches that would love to come down and coach in South Florida.

Back to the top
Control functions: