Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

aloha Florida Atlantic!

Flip Flop Football | FAU hasn't given up hope for bowl

if zona beats zona state, there is an outside shot that the Hawaii Bowl will send an invite our way?

wow

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

Re: aloha Florida Atlantic!

owl09 said

Flip Flop Football | FAU hasn't given up hope for bowl

if zona beats zona state, there is an outside shot that the Hawaii Bowl will send an invite our way?

wow

Hmmmm…U Of A will have a pretty good chance at winning too, the game is in Tucson and i can imagine that the seniors on that team are fired up about losing to the Sundevils all these years.  Go Cats!!!…..Even though i doubt we get in regardless.
Back to the top

The Hawaii Bowl would be awesome.  I can see us getting an invite given our history against UH.  A revenge game against us may sell some extra tickets for them.  Does anyone have a list of some of the other bubble teams looking for an invite?  I know Ted mentioned that the Hawaii Bowl is hoping to lure Notre Dame, but they could have their pick of bowls looking to fill a spot…I doubt they travel to Hawaii unless it is their only option. 
Back to the top

I don't think we deserve a bowl this year, IMO
but it would bet great to get in. I guess in this instance the +'s outweight the -'s
Back to the top

So assuming Arizona wins (knock on wood) what would Notre Dames other options be? Any idea on how likely it is for them to except the Hawaii Bowl?

As for not deserving a bowl, I understand where you are coming from, but the team has shown some heart down the home stretch.
Back to the top

Lago said

So assuming Arizona wins (knock on wood) what would Notre Dames other options be? Any idea on how likely it is for them to except the Hawaii Bowl?

As for not deserving a bowl, I understand where you are coming from, but the team has shown some heart down the home stretch.

I recognize your point.

The reason I say FAU doesn't deserve a bowl is because I think no 6-6 team deserves a bowl. Bowls are, in my mind, a reward for a successful season. While 7-5 doesn't exactly spell success, 6-6 to me only means a team was average at best.

Now from a fan stand point, of course FAU should get a bowl shot. I'd love any excuse to travel, and to see the team play again this year would be great.
Back to the top

for what it's worth…

per espn.com:

"Notre Dame – Not sure what the Irish are going to do here and we probably won't know until the final games of the season are played. The Irish probably won't end up in a major bowl and could be playing in the Motor City, Papjohns.com Bowl or not at all (by their own wishes) depending on how things work out."

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

were lucky to be 6-6, we won two games at the very end with a lot of luck. the team doesn't deserve a bowl game. it would be a lot of luck to get one.
Back to the top

aloha Florida Atlantic!

Deserve a bowl game is very arbitrary.  Last year we won alot of games with pure luck, same as any year around these parts.

Troy deserved a bowl last year and didn't get one so I have no problem with not deserving one but still going.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Last year we won alot of games with pure luck, same as any year around these parts.

FAU:

"Home of the two minute offense".

(except when we play FIU, then we'll score 14 in 2:19)
Back to the top
Control functions: