Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN: FAU Sunbelt Disappointment of the year

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Re: ESPN: FAU Sunbelt Disappointment of the year

I would say that is a pretty fair assessment.
Back to the top

ESPN: FAU Sunbelt Disappointment of the year

again… i am getting so sick of this…

Freshman of the Year – T.Y. Hilton (40), Florida Atlantic. The receiver/kick returner leads the league in all-purpose running.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

owl09 said

again… i am getting so sick of this…

Freshman of the Year – T.Y. Hilton (40), Florida Atlantic. The receiver/kick returner leads the league in all-purpose running.

That is what it says. And I don't recall it being any different when I read it the first time.
Back to the top

Wow, BREAKING NEWS from ESPN as usual........ ::)
Back to the top

The ironic thing is this is when they get our name right.  Maybe they meant FIU?… ;D
Back to the top

I'll go one step worse: We should be on the short list for most disappointing program in the nation.  Remember all the talk about being a BCS buster, 10-win season, breakout year?  Maybe we won't beat Texas, but we'll pound Minnesota, should play Michigan State tough and run the table in the conference?  Remember all that?  Then we turn into a middle-of-the-pack Sun Belt team.  Eighteen starters back, and we actually got worse.  How does that happen?

Ok, Auburn, Washington or somebody with more name recognition probably would beat us out for that ignominious honor, but I think most of us feel it.
Back to the top

Can't argue with the truth, even when it hurts.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

The said

I'll go one step worse: We should be on the short list for most disappointing program in the nation.  Remember all the talk about being a BCS buster, 10-win season, breakout year?  Maybe we won't beat Texas, but we'll pound Minnesota, should play Michigan State tough and run the table in the conference?  Remember all that?  Then we turn into a middle-of-the-pack Sun Belt team.  Eighteen starters back, and we actually got worse.  How does that happen?

Ok, Auburn, Washington or somebody with more name recognition probably would beat us out for that ignominious honor, but I think most of us feel it.

Gotta give that award to Clemson man! Thank god they're around to take any attention off of us. I saw them ranked as high as #2 going into the season in some polls. Heisman candidate QB, tandem backs that'll play in the NFL and a so so ACC conference to play against, should've been easy pickins, one loss all season.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

The said

Gotta give that award to Clemson man! Thank god they're around to take any attention off of us. I saw them ranked as high as #2 going into the season in some polls. Heisman candidate QB, tandem backs that'll play in the NFL and a so so ACC conference to play against, should've been easy pickins, one loss all season.

I would agree and I would throw UGA in there, they came out #1 and got blown out by both UF and Bama and lost to in-state rival G-Tech…with a 1st round QB and RB.  Tough seasons for both. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: