Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

CBSsportsline.com Coaches of the Year

CBSSports.com coach of year: Johnson's confidence runneth over - NCAA Football - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Schedule and BCS Rankings

just shows how much these national sites pay NO attention to the smaller conferences

Sun Belt

1. Larry Blakeney, Troy: What could have been: Troy had LSU down 31-10 at Death Valley.
2. Steve Roberts, Arkansas State
3. Howard Schnellenberger, Florida Atlantic

sorry, but mario cristobal is Belt coach of the year, hands down

this is a really bad top 3 in my opinion

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

Re: CBSsportsline.com Coaches of the Year

I agree, Cristobal should be Coach of Year hands down, no one expected FIU to do what they did this year. I guess you could make a case fo Blakenly and Roberts, but neither of them had the turn around that FIU did. IMO Coach doesn't even deserve to be up there. I love Coach, but honestly we did not meet the expectations this year and therefore he shouldn't be up there.
Back to the top

Two things keep this from happening it would seem, although what the SBC says matters most:

1.  FIU is 4-7

2.  Giving up two touchdowns, in 2:19 with 3:09 to go in the game, while leading by 14 points

Maybe the SBC front office will think differently, although unlikely…
Back to the top

CBSsportsline.com Coaches of the Year

Yeah, I'm not sure it was Cristobal's doing as much as a young team just getting better.  Still, I would put him near the top – he seems to have them on the right track.

Sorry to say it, but HS has no right being in the top 3 of the conference this year.
Back to the top

defentinly Schnellenberger becuase he can party harder then anyone on the list :D
Back to the top

Why is Cristobal coach of the year?
They did not have a good season!! is 4/7 or 5/7 a good season?
Come on! they play in the Sunbelt conf. like we do.

I disagree!
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

Why is Cristobal coach of the year?
They did not have a good season!! is 4/7 or 5/7 a good season?
Come on! they play in the Sunbelt conf. like we do.

I disagree!

I agree.  Blankney did the much better coaching job.  He had to replace a bunch of key players and then had to deal with a lot of injuries during the season and still won(at least a share) of the conference.  FIU was much improved over last season, but after being so bad the past few years, they almost had to get better.  I don't think it was so much coaching, just South Florida talent gaining experience…and when you have good athletes, you should be able to compete with SBC teams.
Back to the top

The said

Sorry to say it, but HS has no right being in the top 3 of the conference this year.

Agreed.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

The said

Agreed.

Maybe so…. but let's not forget we started 1-5 and finished 5-1. That's a heck of a turnaround no matter who our last six games were against.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

owlcountry said

The said

Agreed.

Maybe so…. but let's not forget we started 1-5 and finished 5-1. That's a heck of a turnaround no matter who our last six games were against.

I think it is more of a reflection of our first six games.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: