Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Louisville @ Rutgers - Does it matter?

If Rutgers beats Louisville that keeps them with just 5 wins and not bowl eligible, does that help us at all in the bowl projections? (SeminOwl...Hello)

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: Louisville @ Rutgers - Does it matter?

dusky256fc said

If Rutgers beats Louisville that keeps them with just 5 wins and not bowl eligible, does that help us at all in the bowl projections? (SeminOwl…Hello)

Yes.  The less Bowl eligible teams, the better for our chances.  Hope Rutgers and Arizona win to keep Louisville and Arizona State at 5 wins.
Back to the top

Yes -- the fewer bowl eligible teams the better. Go Scarlet Knights! Plus, has anyone seen their campus? I grew up a partial RU fan and my mom works there. What a beautiful and historic campus! Fraternity and sorority row is amazing!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Louisville @ Rutgers - Does it matter?

I know the fewer bowl eligible teams the better I am wondering what the bowl tie ins with the conferences are and if this would truly effect the outcomes.

I have never rooted for Rutgers but I guess I will have to tonight.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Its all at large at this point, the Big East filled their quota, if Louisville gets in it makes the at-large scene that much harder.

I dunno man its crazy, we just have to wait it out, let it blow over, if we get the call great, if not then all well.  The Sun Belt might not even get the 3 bowls we are thinking it will….Western Michigan is looking at Independence Bowl and Papa Johns, so I dunno, hell we might get sent to Boise, you never know.  If the guys thought it was cold in Arkansas, imagine them up there on the blue field.  GAME OVER.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Have seen enough of Rutgers tonight to say that they are a MUCH improved team over the first few games…replacing thier star RB was a tough feat, but they are a very solid team on both sides of the ball at present…would not want that to be a match-up right now…reagrdless of HS' 5-0 Bowl Record…tall order…

Of course all of this is moot at this point, as we have yet to receive any attention towards consideration that we are aware of; and it looks a long shot to even be considered…
Back to the top

Rutgers is beating up on Louisville pretty bad right now.

42-0

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Rutgers is beating up on Louisville pretty bad right now.

42-0

Now 49-0, and they still have the second half to play…yikes!
Back to the top

I want nothing to do with this Rutgers team that is playing tonight! "Yikes" is right!

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

Not with our D.
Back to the top
Control functions: