Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The OwlsNest needs a booth

Add topic

…at Graduations, Athletic Event.  It would be good for people who are interested in keeping up with FAU sports but just haven't heard of it.  One laptop set up with the homepage and they can click and setup an account would be enough.

If it already does, ignore this thread.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: The OwlsNest needs a booth

SeminOWL2006 said

…at Graduations, Athletic Event.  It would be good for people who are interested in keeping up with FAU sports but just haven't heard of it.  One laptop set up with the homepage and they can click and setup an account would be enough.

This is an operational initiative for 2009.

There is alot to be done.

One step at a time…

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

SeminOWL2006 said

This is an operational initiative for 2009.

There is alot to be done.

One step at a time…

If there are volunteers needed, be sure to let me know.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

The OwlsNest needs a booth

walty12 said

If there are volunteers needed, be sure to let me know.

This is me letting you know ;)

Please PM me your contact information when you have a chance…

Anyone else who is interested in possibly participating in something along these lines please feel free to do the same…

Thanks!

Back to the top

you know u can always hit me up too.....the more promotion we can get this site, the more we can hopefully get to the other fau sites as well!
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

you know u can always hit me up too…..the more promotion we can get this site, the more we can hopefully get to the other fau sites as well!

Good point. The average FAU student has no idea about fausports.com.

Playing Devil's Advocate though, the average FAU student probably doesn't care about fausports.com and wouldn't use it even if s/he did know about it.
Back to the top

I think the dont know about it factor has a big role to play with dont care.  Engaging in a community of FAU supporters, like at the Owls Nest, only helps stir how much students care.  If they know about it and check it out they might start to care since they will be exposed to information they didnt know about, like video feeds of games or tailgating meet ups.  All we can do is try and let as many as possible know about it and encourage them to participate, beyond the content quality of this site the rest is really on the student at that point.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: