Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Latest Bowl Predictions (as of TODAY)

This is the latest update I was able to find!  The bad news is that ESPN, CBS, etc…..Do not have us in any Bowl???  I guess we can only hope that Howard makes some calls or maybe start praying!!!!!! That damn Hail Mary is haunting us!

Papa John's Bowl Vs. Rutgers

Scout.com: 2012-2013 Bowl Matchups
Back to the top

Re: Latest Bowl Predictions (as of December 3rd)

Actually, they have us in the Papa John's.  But the Independence matchup they list is a real head scratcher – La. Tech vs. ULL.  Two Louisiana teams in a Louisiana bowl?  Doubt it.  All these bowl projections, particularly for the minor bowls, is a crap shoot at best.
Back to the top

Thanks for catching that!  I'll update!

I wish we could get an update through FAU–there has been no info posted on any of our websites!
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

I wish we could get an update through FAU–there has been no info posted on any of our websites!

I don't work for the athletics department, so please don't take this as a statement on their behalf or anything.

But I highly doubt FAU will come out with a public statement of sorts and say:

"We have been contacted by XX YY and ZZ bowls and if A beats B, C loses to D, and then the head to head matchups don't matter, team M goes to Bowl X and that will open a spot in bowl N, which we haven't talked to yet, maybe we'll get a bowl bid."

I hope they do, but FAU athletics is not one to speculate. They go on fact.

Maybe I'm wrong?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

OWL4EVER said

I don't work for the athletics department, so please don't take this as a statement on their behalf or anything.

But I highly doubt FAU will come out with a public statement of sorts and say:

"We have been contacted by XX YY and ZZ bowls and if A beats B, C loses to D, and then the head to head matchups don't matter, team M goes to Bowl X and that will open a spot in bowl N, which we haven't talked to yet, maybe we'll get a bowl bid."

I hope they do, but FAU athletics is not one to speculate. They go on fact.

Maybe I'm wrong?

I don't think you're wrong, I was thinking the same thing. The best bet is to keep checking these websites and see what Ted Hutton and Tom Dangelo can find out

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

The said

Actually, they have us in the Papa John's.  But the Independence matchup they list is a real head scratcher – La. Tech vs. ULL.  Two Louisiana teams in a Louisiana bowl?  Doubt it.  All these bowl projections, particularly for the minor bowls, is a crap shoot at best.

It certainly looks like ULL will be playing La Tech. A couple of projections have pointed that way. It's good for them… two teams from the same state… will probably draw a great crowd!

And man… I hope we play Rutgers in the PapaJohns.com bowl! That would be awesome!

How would we match up against Rutgers this year?
Back to the top

Re: Latest Bowl Predictions (as of TODAY)

Rutgers has had a disappointing season and has been scarred with some controversy over money in the athletics department. State auditors are involved.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

owlcountry said

The said

It certainly looks like ULL will be playing La Tech. A couple of projections have pointed that way. It's good for them… two teams from the same state… will probably draw a great crowd!

And man… I hope we play Rutgers in the PapaJohns.com bowl! That would be awesome!

How would we match up against Rutgers this year?

They have the same season as FAU….started off slow and I think have won 5 of their last 6.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Latest Bowl Predictions (as of TODAY)

SeminOWL2006 said

LOVE IT!! 
Back to the top
Control functions: