Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Football: Around the Belt - Dec. 6th

Only one game happening today:

Arkansas State (6-5, 4-2 Belt) at Troy (7-4, 5-1 Belt) - 7:00pm ET Game Plan & ESPN 360.com

Troy wins, they win the title out right - no shared titled like previous year, no controversies about who the conference champions are.

Troy losses, three way tie & a mess.

it would put:
ASU at 7-5, 5-2
Troy at 7-5, 5-2
ULL at 6-6, 5-2

Would this mean a shared title between Troy, ASU & ULL , with the Red Wolves representing the Belt in NO.

Ive been out of the loop the past couple of weeks and haven't really put a lot of effort in figuring it all out.

The Belt would benefit more if ASU won today - two team with 7-5 records have a much better chance of going bowling, then 6-6 teams.
Back to the top

Re: Football: Around the Belt - Dec. 6th

Football: Around the Belt - Dec. 6th

Bytor said

Only one game happening today:

Arkansas State (6-5, 4-2 Belt) at Troy (7-4, 5-1 Belt) - 7:00pm ET Game Plan & ESPN 360.com

Troy wins, they win the title out right - no shared titled like previous year, no controversies about who the conference champions are.

Troy losses, three way tie & a mess.

it would put:
ASU at 7-5, 5-2
Troy at 7-5, 5-2
ULL at 6-6, 5-2

Would this mean a shared title between Troy, ASU & ULL , with the Red Wolves representing the Belt in NO.

Ive been out of the loop the past couple of weeks and haven't really put a lot of effort in figuring it all out.

The Belt would benefit more if ASU won today - two team with 7-5 records have a much better chance of going bowling, then 6-6 teams.

Although I would find it hilarious if Troy lost another chance to win the conference outright, at home, in the final game of the season, I just don't think it will happen.  Despite their win over us, I don't think they are good enough to go into Troy and win.  Given the way they struggle on the road, I think Troy wins this game by at least 10 points.

Plus, I think it would be best for our slim Bowl hopes if Troy wins.  So as much as I hate it, I'm going to hope Troy wins today.
Back to the top

1st qtr FIU was loosing 3 zip
Back to the top

troys up 21-0 with a minute to go until the half
Back to the top

I'm hoping that Troy stomps ASU, shutout style….so that we look alot better than them at the end of the season.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

FIU at half up 7 to 3

Last check Troy still 21 0
Back to the top

Talon said

FIU at half up 7 to 3

so much for that "closing the gap" theory eh? ;D
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Talon said

FIU at half up 7 to 3

so much for that "closing the gap" theory eh? ;D

It's 27-3 FIU right now in the 4th quarter with a little over 6 minutes left.

FIU will finish 5-7 this year, up from 1-11. Not bad. Should make a good run at the title next year.

SeminOWL2006 said

I'm hoping that Troy stomps ASU, shutout style….so that we look alot better than them at the end of the season.

Troy is up 35-2 in the 4th with 5:41 left… yep, pretty much stomped them out completely.

Troy goes to the NO Bowl as SBC Champs. Congrats to the Trojans!
Back to the top

35-9 final troy wins
Back to the top

horned_owl said

35-9 final troy wins

What a blowout…
Back to the top
Control functions: