Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ted Hutton reports FAU bowl chances are diminishing

Ted Hutton's blog reports:
"Strange but true — FAU's best shot now appears to be the Motor City Bowl versus Western or Central Michigan. Arkansas State and FAU in running for that plum, which is Dec. 26th at 8 p.m. Christmas in Detroit. Imagine that.

Otherwise, nothing else appears left, as St. Pete (USF/Memphis), Independence (La. Tech/W.Mich or Central Mich; PapaJohns (Rutgers/N.C. State) appear to be filled."

Here's Motor City Bowl's web site: here

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: Ted Hutton reports FAU bowl chances are diminishing

USF should smoke Memphis. Did bowl committees learn nothing from last year??

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

What happened to the Hawaii bowl?  Dammit Notre Dame!!!!!
Back to the top

if its down to us and asu for the motor city bowl we should get picked nither will travel well but we will have better TV ratings
Back to the top

So we still have a chance??
Back to the top

Ted Hutton reports FAU bowl chances are diminishing

The said

What happened to the Hawaii bowl?   Dammit Notre Dame!!!!!

Notibly Lame.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

if its down to us and asu for the motor city bowl we should get picked nither will travel well but we will have better TV ratings

I'm sure there are others in the running, too.  If it comes down to TV, we kill ASU in that area – 3 million people in Palm Beach/Broward vs. 119,000 in metropolitan Jonesboro.  They do have that pesky win over us, though.
Back to the top

Ughhh…..All we had to do is pull out a win against Middle Ten or Arkansas State and it would be a much different story!!!…Oh well, i can't say that Basketball season looks all that promising either.  Always next year, I'm glad we were able to turn it around and the shula bowl victory is good enough consolation.  Go Owls!
Back to the top

The Sunny Belt looks like its getting ready to be bent over and screwed for the Independence and Papa Johns bowls.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: