Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

bowl matchups (UPDATED)

Add topic

teams that officially accepted bowl invitations

EagleBank Bowl: Navy
Hawaii Bowl: Hawaii
Chick-Fil-A Bowl: Georgia Tech
Gator: Clemson
New Orleans Bowl: Southern Miss
New Mexico Bowl: Fresno State
Independence Bowl: Louisiana Tech
Texas Bowl: Rice

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

Re: bowl matchups (UPDATED)

I think we need to hope that the Papa Johns takes a higher up C-USA team like East Carolina so that we can be seen as a good choice for St. Pete.

I think this has come down to the only way we get in, if C-USA steals one of our alternate tie-ins and moves its other teams around.  Troy to New Orleans, ULL to Independence, and FAU to St. Pete.  This is how it would look:

Tulsa - Liberty Bowl
East Carolina - Papa Johns Bowl (Birmingham, AL) (Game against a Big East team rather than against a MAC team in GMAC Bowl)
Rice - Texas Bowl
Houston - Armed Forces Bowl (Ft. Worth, TX)
Memphis - GMAC (Mobile, AL)
Southern Miss - New Orleans Bowl

St. Pete Bowl - FAU
Independence Bowl (LA) - ULL
New Orleans Bowl - Troy

It's a longshot but if East Carolina takes the Papa Johns, then Memphis can go to the closer GMAC bowl, and St. Pete is sitting looking for a good team that can travel well….The Sun Pass Bowl, The Battle on I-75, The Okeechobee Bowl, East Coast v. West Coast, two record setting teams battling it out for bragging rights.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

CBS reports that Nebraska accepted Gator Bowl v. Clemson and Kansas to the Insight Bowl.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

just found out, we will know sunday morning, not sunday night

guarantee from "three bowls considering us" that they will let us know sunday morning… the person i spoke to will not tell me the 3 bowls though :(

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

Back to the top

i was told troy is taking N.O. last night......they dont want to refuse a bid...
Back to the top

Usf Accepted the St. Pete Bowl too, last night
Back to the top

owl09 said

just found out, we will know sunday morning, not sunday night

guarantee from "three bowls considering us" that they will let us know sunday morning… the person i spoke to will not tell me the 3 bowls though :(

Well it's no longer Sunday morning and we're still in the running for Motor City. Unlikely but who knows what happens

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

bowl matchups (UPDATED)

Jab979 said

Well it's no longer Sunday morning and we're still in the running for Motor City. Unlikely but who knows what happens

Source?

Every major site has us no where to be found…
Back to the top

Every major site is guessing.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: