Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What are you feeling right now?

WOW!  in 2001 I was on the field volunteering with the Equipment Crew!  Never thought anything of FAU football…season kept on going.  Went up to Bethune Cookman Pouring rain!  Jared Allen to Larry Taylor TD!!! We won the game!  I was like Wow FAU is my school!  People mocked me…you will never go anywhere with FAU!  F U.

I can't believe i've been reading the post every 2 minutes trying to get info!  Saw coach at Walkmrt asking him about a BOWL!  now im glued to the TV not studying for finals!!!

I'm proud to be an OWL FAN with all of you!!!!

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

Re: What are you feeling right now?

OWLUMNI said

WOW!  in 2001 I was on the field volunteering with the Equipment Crew!  Never thought anything of FAU football…season kept on going.  Went up to Bethune Cookman Pouring rain!  Jared Allen to Larry Taylor TD!!! We won the game!  I was like Wow FAU is my school!  People mocked me…you will never go anywhere with FAU!  F U.

I can't believe i've been reading the post every 2 minutes trying to get info!  Saw coach at Walkmrt asking him about a BOWL!  now im glued to the TV not studying for finals!!!

I'm proud to be an OWL FAN with all of you!!!!

GO OWLS!!!

Ughh….second that lol
Back to the top

I feel like FAU is the really really hot girl that is completely unqualified for the job and just got hired....and all the other girls are really really pissed off.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

I'm just in shock, but proud that our performance last year vs. Memphis, Schnelly and the prospects of a highly-promoted Rusty vs. LeFevour Bowl got us to this point.
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

I feel like FAU is the really really hot girl that is completely unqualified for the job and just got hired….and all the other girls are really really pissed off.

If ULL and ASU didn't dislike us before…
Back to the top

Lm77 said

SeminOWL2006 said

I feel like FAU is the really really hot girl that is completely unqualified for the job and just got hired….and all the other girls are really really pissed off.

If ULL and ASU didn't dislike us before…

Hey, it's not our fault.  We went 5-1 down the stretch to get to bowl eligible.  They also had the opportunity to go full out in campaigning to get to a bowl.  We did everything we could to get the invite…maybe they didn't…maybe the Bowl liked our pitch better.  Either way…I don't really care!

Back to the top

What are you feeling right now?

And also, there are schools that go decades without even a single bowl invite....we have two in our first eight years. This was a team that was losing to Slippery Rock and playing the St. Peters and Marists of the world less than 10 years ago. To be where we are right now is beyond amazing. By the way, as a point of reference, USF did not make a bowl their first 8 seasons.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

And also, there are schools that go decades without even a single bowl invite….we have two in our first eight years. This was a team that was losing to Slippery Rock and playing the St. Peters and Marists of the world less than 10 years ago. To be where we are right now is beyond amazing. By the way, as a point of reference, USF did not make a bowl their first 8 seasons.

The Motor City bowl spot was a big feat for our admin – credit where credit is due. They certainly had to outshine a few other teams. Apparently ULL was focused on the Independence and Texas bowls. Now it's up to US to show them they made the right decision and show up!
Back to the top

I wonder if that email campaign by our little athletic department had something to do with this.

Wow Wow Wow.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

WOW!! After such a tough season…this just makes up for it 100%!!
Back to the top
Control functions: