Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

VERY Early Preview of Motor City Bowl ESPN

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/others

Motor City Bowl: Central Michigan (8-4) vs. Florida Atlantic (6-6)

December 7, 2008 9:27 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Graham Watson

The Chippewas ended the season in an unfamiliar place – out of the Mid-American Conference Championship Game. For the first time since 2005, the Chippewas did not get an extra game, but it is still playing in the Motor City Bowl where it won a year ago.

The Chippewas are coming into the Motor City Bowl on a two-game losing streak, their longest losing streak since September of last season, and the Chippewas have only defeated one BCS team since 1992 (37-34 against Indiana on Nov. 1).

Quarterback Dan LeFevour is one of the most dynamic dual-threat quarterbacks in the country. He's been hampered by ankle injuries this season, but he's still ranked 11th nationally in total offense with 306.7 yards per game. Although LeFevour can scramble, the passing game has been Central Michigan's best weapon.

But beware of the Owls. Florida Atlantic won five of its last six to work its way into a bowl. It's one of the hottest at-large teams and one of the most offensively potent. Quarterback Rusty Smith, who started the season slowly, threw for 389 yards and five touchdowns in his last game against Florida International.

The Owls' defense isn't great against the pass. It's allowing 219.08 yards per game, which might be the factor that tips the scales for the Chippewas.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: VERY Early Preview of Motor City Bowl ESPN

If our receivers catch the ball we win. End of story.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

our d-will have to step up Small and Frantz will have great shot to show off their NFL abilities to the nation
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

I think it's going to come down to defense… Who's D can make that vital stop. I can't imagine what the Over/Under will be for this game lol

Back to the top

VERY Early Preview of Motor City Bowl ESPN

Dont put too much stock in Graham Watson..

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Jab979 said

SeminOWL2006 said

I think it's going to come down to defense… Who's D can make that vital stop. I can't imagine what the Over/Under will be for this game lol

There is no "under" and infinity is the "over".
Back to the top

chipfan said

Jab979 said

SeminOWL2006 said

There is no "under" and infinity is the "over".

Watch the final be like 10-7 haha

Back to the top

Reminds me of an early write for the NO bowl last year when Memphis was favored.... ::)
Back to the top

CMUChippewa said

Dont put too much stock in Graham Watson..

Oh we don't… don't worry!  :P
Back to the top

We play better as dogs anyway.

Now HS needs to go wind sprint the boys to get their heads on straight.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: