Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

For the Adventurous

In the spirit of Ted's blog about St. Pete.

Fort Lauderdale to Detroit is 1,362 miles.  At $2.10/gallon and a 20MPG vehicle —> $143 each way

Google has that trip as taking 21 hours.. So basically leave the evening of Christmas 6PM will get you to Detroit at 3 PM on the 26th…giving time to check in to the hotel and begin drinking heavily.

With 4 people you can have 5hr shifts through the night and morning, 5 people you can do 4 hr shifts.

Cost per person for 4 people = $35.75
Cost per person for 5 people = $28.60

Hotel at $99/night, 2 beds, 2 people to a bed.

If we keep all the other things Ted mentioned, Keg, Burgers, T-shirts, Tickets, Parking we come to:

GRAND TOTAL
~$146.75/person in a 4 person adventure with 1 night in Detroit with all the fixings, slightly less if you get 5 people involved.

EDIT - I may have screwed up, I think it might actually be ~$180 for round/trip…unless you want to stay in Detroit

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: For the Adventurous

For the Adventurous

looks better than the $500+ plane tickets people are reporting.

Back to the top

sounds like your average road trip.
but better than $500 for sure, although I doubt many will take that trip
Back to the top

That's an adventure for sure…in the dead of winter, driving through the night, drinking on no sleep, in America's crime capital.

If you survive, it'll be the greatest night of your life  ;D
Back to the top

It's do-able.. but that's getting to the game with only four hours to spare. Hope you don't catch a flat, hit snow or get lost.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Yeah, and what vehicle are you putting 2,500 miles on?  Although, when I was 21 there is no doubt I would have taken that road trip.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I only get 10 mpg :-\
Back to the top

RoscoeOwl said

Then bring more people!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

walty12 said

Yeah, and what vehicle are you putting 2,500 miles on?  Although, when I was 21 there is no doubt I would have taken that road trip.

You've become so adult it makes me want to puke
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

RoscoeOwl said

Then bring more people!

Good thinking, i forgot i can carry 7.
Back to the top
Control functions: