Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Preview: SLU @ FAU

Add topic

SE LOUISIANA (4-3) @ FLORIDA ATLANTIC (3-5)
Saturday, Dec. 13, 2008 - FAU Arena (5,000)

Boca Raton, FL - 7:00 p.m. ET

Owls Hungry for a Win

Florida Atlantic looks to end a four-game losing streak against Southland Conference member SE Louisiana Saturday, December 13 in The Burrow.  It will be the Owl's final non-conference home game.

Solid play from Lions

The Lions are 4-3, returning three starters from its 17-13 team a year ago. SLU took Arkansas into overtime in their season-opener and Texas Tech had to rally to overcome a first-half deficit to beat the Lions 74-63 in Lubbock. Thanks to a 108-51 victory over Southern-New Orleans Saturday in Hammond, SLU upped its scoring average to 84.9 points per game which ranks 10th in the NCAA. They shoot 40% as a team from 3-point range. Leading scorer 6-foot-5 G/F Kevyn Green (21.4 ppg) has made 26-of-50 from beyond the 3-point arc. Green ranks in the top 20 nationally in a number of offensive categories, including 3-pointers per game (3.7). Four players average double-figures in scoring, including junior C Patrick Sullivan (10.1 ppg) who also leads the team in blocks (17) and rebounds (8.0 rpg).

The Series

FAU and SLU have met twice, splitting a home-and-home series during the 1995-96 and 1996-97 seasons.  SLU claimed a 72-69 victory in Boca Raton.  The Owls won the second meeting 76-60 on the Lions' home floor in Hammond, LA.

Get in for $2 with a Toy

Bring an unwrapped toy to the game and receive $2 admission as part of FAU's Toys for Kids holiday drive. Also the first 50 fans will receive free popcorn and the first 200 fans will receive a free Amp Energy drink. For tickets and more information call 1-866-FAU-OWLS.

Media Coverage

Ken LaVicka will call Saturday night's game in Boca Raton on WFTL - 640 AM with additional audio links available via FAUSPORTS.com.  GAMETRACKER will also be provided on FAUSPORTS.com.

Owl's Nest Prediction

Which team will show up for FAU?  The one that blew out UMKC last on the home court, or the weary raod warriors?  The former is our thought on this one.  Perimeter defense is a must against Green, but FAU comes ready to play and rebounds to move to 4-5 on the year.

FAU - 5

Sources:  FAU and SLU Media Relations

Back to the top

Re: Preview: SLU @ FAU

Can we watch online with OwlTV?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Preview: SLU @ FAU

dusky256fc said

Wasn't listed, but i can inquire…
Back to the top

Don't count on a lot of people being there.  Most kids well probably be at home for winter break.
Back to the top

The said

Don't count on a lot of people being there.  Most kids well probably be at home for winter break.

Yeah, exactly. A lot of finals are ending this week – a lot of people are done now, even – and so there isn't even enough time to do marketing for the bowl on-campus since everybody's leaving.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

dusky256fc said

Wasn't listed, but i can inquire…

Don't hold your breath on that. I overheard that they got in trouble with CSTV. Maybe the OWLTV guy can elaborate…
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Don't hold your breath on that. I overheard that they got in trouble with CSTV. Maybe the OWLTV guy can elaborate…

I have no idea why… but maybe CSTV got upset because people pay for their membership to get video clips and/or audio clips… and they have a contract with the school… and OWLTV comes along and broadcasts for free?

who knows

then again, if that was the case, where would Owl Radio, ESPN and 640AM fit in?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

maybe CSTV got upset because people pay for their membership to get video clips and/or audio clips…

Would be nice if they actually provided any of these services, but i do not believe that they do…

Has anyone seen a CSTV feed avail, even for purchase, thus far this season??
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

owlcountry said

I have no idea why… but maybe CSTV got upset because people pay for their membership to get video clips and/or audio clips… and they have a contract with the school… and OWLTV comes along and broadcasts for free?

bingo.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Ok, here is the deal:

You may be able to get it tommorow night , but it won't be the usual OWL TV feed if so…

Would be a non affiliated feed similar to that of other programs with the single camera, etc…

No gurantees, but they are trying…

Back to the top
Control functions: