Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Shirts: Classy

I seen a few FAU fans are pushing these shirts:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Seriously…? ::)

Update:
This thread was for discussion purposes, not to start problems.

Back to the top

Re: Classy

CMUChippewa said

I seen a few FAU fans are pushing these shirts:

Seriously…? ::)

Seriously, you're offended by that?  You're talking to a guy who's had to put up with idiot Colt fans wearing "Brady Swallows" t-shirts.
Back to the top

Re: Classy

being a Yankees fan....Jeter has AIDS

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: FAU Shirts: Classy

all in good fun, my man

i have nothing but respect for CMU… i have a friend who works at your school in the athletics department.. i have followed CMU for a while and am nothing but impressed with your quarterback

the shirt is all in good fun…

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

owl09 said

all in good fun, my man

i have nothing but respect for CMU… i have a friend who works at your school in the athletics department.. i have followed CMU for a while and am nothing but impressed with your quarterback

the shirt is all in good fun…

I know it's all in fun. I think they could have done better, thats like saying whats a Seminole?  If you really dont know, then thats another story.

Back to the top

CMUChippewa said

I know it's all in fun. I think they could have done better, thats like saying whats a Seminole?  If you really dont know, then thats another story.

In all honesty, that was my first reaction, too.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

CMUChippewa said

Yea, same here. Those shirts shouldn't be worn by Owl fans, especially if they are just for the sake of fun. Chippewas are a group of ppl, so please Owl fans do not reduce them to a punch line. Since I'm going to the MCB, if I see one of our fans with that shirt on then I will respectfully ask that they take it off.
Back to the top

b_rider72 said

CanadianOwl said

CMUChippewa said

Yea, same here. Those shirts shouldn't be worn by Owl fans, especially if they are just for the sake of fun. Chippewas are a group of ppl, so please Owl fans do not reduce them to a punch line. Since I'm going to the MCB, if I see one of our fans with that shirt on then I will respectfully ask that they take it off.

Would you say the same thing to someone if they were wearing a "Redskins" jersey?
Back to the top

The said

b_rider72 said

CanadianOwl said

CMUChippewa said

Would you say the same thing to someone if they were wearing a "Redskins" jersey?

I think there is a difference between a WTF is a Chippewa? shirt and a "Redskins" jersey…

Back to the top

FAU Shirts: Classy

The said

b_rider72 said

CanadianOwl said

CMUChippewa said

as a matter of fact, I would. If they were FAU fans, I certainly would. While I acknowledge that it would be impossible to do that for every single person, I believe that by talking with ppl about how shirts with sayings like "WTF is a Chippewa" about how those shirts are detrimental will help in some way or another for ppl to be conscious of the things they do and how those things effect ppl. Would you not say something if someone was wearing a shirt that said "WTF is a Ni**er" or "WTF is a Jew", or at the very least acknowledge in your head that that shirt is wrong??? So why not for a shirt that says "WTF is a Chippewa"?

Yes, I believe CMU shouldn't be using the Chippewas as a mascot, and the same goes for FSU. But right now that is the case, so at the very least I can attempt to make changes in attitudes.

"Brady Swallows" T-shirts, while also immature, are not directed at a whole group of people. So while your example brings to light a whole other issue, it is not one that directly relates to the offenses against Native Americans.
Back to the top
Control functions: